Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I need some advice on a bike that is coming to me.
I'm in calif.
One of my friends who passed on a year ago has left me 1976 900SS unregistered and with 2000 miles on it which has been sitting in a museum for at least 15 years.
This is a keeper but except for the bill of sale from the trust their is no paperwork.
From the appriasal that the trust has done it looks like it has a 13 number european number, possibly the UK.

the advice i need is how to deal with the calif. DMV to get this bike street legal and a plate.

thanks
jeff

:think::D:think:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,
I need some advice on a bike that is coming to me.
I'm in calif.
One of my friends who passed on a year ago has left me 1976 900SS unregistered and with 2000 miles on it which has been sitting in a museum for at least 15 years.
This is a keeper but except for the bill of sale from the trust their is no paperwork.
From the appriasal that the trust has done it looks like it has a 13 number european number, possibly the UK.

the advice i need is how to deal with the calif. DMV to get this bike street legal and a plate.

thanks
jeff

:think::D:think:
Congratulations, those are true classics. That VIN number is correct for the USA. 13 digit VINs were used world wide at that time. You might want to take the motor apart before you ride it, those models are not good at sitting for years and years, and then going back on the road without cracking the cases and having a look around. You might get away with it but odds are more likely you will not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks thats just what i needed

·
Registered
126 Posts
Getting a bike thru CA DMV is not that bad with just a bill of sale as long as it is not in the CA DMV computer. It may take more then one trip, but it can be done. You will at some point have to take it to the DMV or have a peace officer sign a form confirming the VIN number. As far as I am concerned any Ducati is worth hassle, let alone a 900 ss.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks,
thats just what i needed
jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts