Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to do the 6K mi. service on my '02 998. Looking for good sources for timing belts and valve cover gaskets. Any suggestions? Also, if all else fails, what can I expect to pay at a dealer for this service. And, if I go up a few teeth on the rear sprocket any recommendations for sprocket size?

bruce19

·
Registered
46 Posts
A valve check/adjustment is usually done every 6000 miles
Belts need to be changed every 12,000 miles. my 998 had 16,000
I live in California and the shop that did my servive was Nicols Manufacturing and they charged me $469 out the door for valve check/adjustment and replacing 2-timing belts which by the way cost $80 each for the Testastretta motor. So $160+/- for parts and $309 for labor I can live with that

I usually buy my parts from www.motowheels.com they have been very good to me and shipping is fast, Stephano is the man to talk to
Good luck
Let me know what you decide
Oh yeah, go to the dealer and buy a shop manual it has helped me a bunch

rob

·
Registered
377 Posts
I believe belts for a 998 are a dealer item only... I looked all over the internet for them with no luck... Motowheels shows that they are out of stock. Does anybody know if the 998 have a valve cover gasket? If so whats the part number?

·
Registered
377 Posts
bruce19 said:
Chris was the first place I went. But, he doesn't list Bucci belts for a 998 that I could find. Think I'll just call him.

bruce19
I don't believe cycleworks carries them... Again, I am pretty sure belts for the testastretta are a dealer item.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.