Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad and I are planning on leaving early morning August 8th to head out to DitR.

Schedule:
August 8th: DC to St Louis
9th: St. Louis to Colorado Springs
10th: Co Springs to Ouray!!

Return to DC area by evening of Friday August 17th. We will likely spend the Monday after DitR riding around Ouray area some more.

Due to schedule conflicts my brother is unable to come this year. (Schedule conflicts involve his GF, a bikini, and Key West, so I don't really blame him :p )

So we have a trailer slot if anyone in the northern VA, MD, DC area would like to come? (It's an enclosed trailer BTW). We figure we have an extra slot if anyone wants to help split gas costs.

PM me for details :)

(Mods, my apologies if this needs to be moved to a local thread, I was aiming for a wider distro)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dave,

i may be the only dummy out here, but what's "DitR"?

Tony

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry! I took to the acronym, should have spelled it out! Kind of a habit from work, we have acronyms for everything.

Ducati in the Rockies!

Welcome

:)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He is doing well! Pretty well back to normal now!

We picked up a hell of a deal on a 2010 Monster 1100 S a few weeks ago. He really liked the sort of "undertail" dual exhaust that his 796 had better than the dual side cans on the 11000 Evo. And finding such a good deal on the S with the full Ohlins and lighter weight wheels was just icing :)

Any interest in the Rockies? We got trailer space, no riding in the rain! :D

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Thanks but no. I can't make it. Too
Much work and I'm going to Italy also..

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
169 Posts
You're coming all the way from DC!?!?!

Daaaaaayyyyyuuuummmmmm.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're coming all the way from DC!?!?!

Daaaaaayyyyyuuuummmmmm.
Leaving Wednesday morning early to get around DC before rush hour (I'm on the east side).

Got the GoPro last week, with plenty of mounts. :D
Trailer is outfitted with pitbull restraints for easy load/unload. :cool:

Just need to pack! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts