Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
albert1028 said:
What's the correct procedure to removing the rear wheel from a ducati? I know how to on my older suzuki. If anyone could give me a step by step, that'd be very helpful!

Thanks.
Come on Albert! Be the ball!

Put the back up on your stand, remove the nut, pull the axle enough to finesse the rear caliper hanger out and off the swingarm retaining pin so you can lay it to the outside of the swingarm on your stand. Finish pulling the axel. Roll the wheel as far forward as you can (I set mine on my kids skateboard) to loosen the chain. Slide the wheel sideways to the right, work the chain off and you're done...

I'm sitting at work so that's from memory but it should take about 90 seconds...

·
Registered
167 Posts
The should have kept the Single Sided Swingarm.. about 10 seconds with a 46mm socket and a 1/2 impact gun and the rear wheel is off.. no fumbling with the brake caliper. :) :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keef95 said:
Come on Albert! Be the ball!

Put the back up on your stand, remove the nut, pull the axle enough to finesse the rear caliper hanger out and off the swingarm retaining pin so you can lay it to the outside of the swingarm on your stand. Finish pulling the axel. Roll the wheel as far forward as you can (I set mine on my kids skateboard) to loosen the chain. Slide the wheel sideways to the right, work the chain off and you're done...

I'm sitting at work so that's from memory but it should take about 90 seconds...
Thanks Keef95!!! I know, i know. I could have figured out...but i think it's the caution put out by how much more expensive this bike is compared to my other ones, haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts