Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a site other then compwerks for a fendor eliminator that would sit right under seat like the ones compwerks make for 848.

Or is it possible to modify the one for the 848 to fit my 996.

just checking if anybody has done something similar or know a site that sells one.

thanks in advance :abduct:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
it's very easy to make one even with hols on the side for turn signals.

I don't think this is legal

Something like this.

a lot of things are not legal. ilegal til you get caught.
from the pics, neither one looks like in CA as they seem to lack a light to iluminate the plate.
BTW, slipons are illegal in California if in the process you remove the catalytic converter.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeh, that's true.
If you like it under the seat hidden there, that's cool, looks good.
But here in NJ/NY, that's a sure ticket if not a warning if the police is nice enough..

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've got a comp werks kit for 996 / 748 with the little lights that go in the vents on the seat. Are you looking for one and can't find it, or are you looking for something OTHER than a this one? PM me is you want it.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I don't have a good picture of it on a bike because most of it is hidden once you put the plate on it.

Here are few pictures of it on my MV:

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Thanks Moto,

That looks great.
A photo is worth a thousand words as they say. I might wait until I have some cash for some other extras and get them shipped in one go.

Cheers,

Neil.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I drew one up myself in Illustrator, and then printed it out, traced it onto a piece of sheet metal, and cut it myself. Nothing a little dremel and a torch (for the bending) can't handle.

I use those "Lite'N Boltz" things to stay legal, so the two holes at the bottom center of the brace are so I can cable tie the wires and keep it lookin' purty.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I just used a hacksaw, drill, rivet, epoxy, hammer for sharp bends and some flat black paint action. I think it came out ok. It's got holes on the side for some Rizoma turn signals.

The metal is actually hard so it doesn't bounce around.
It's also adjustable so I can lower it hehe..
I got a feeling the plate is gonna burn someday..

Still looking around for carbon fiber rear hugger with the same weave as the front fender. forgot what it's called, but it's not the sideways pattern..

This is very easy to make or adjust so what can I do here?
I guess it's fine?

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts