Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a deer two weeks ago and it the force of the deer hitting the side case tore it off the mount and shattered the lock bar mechanism. The case itself is ok save for some scratches, but I figure i'll have better luck buying a use or damaged case from someone than just the lock mechanism.

If anyone has a battered or used case with a good latch taking up space, let me know.

FWIW - Me and the bike stayed upright thru the whole encounter. The deer aparently was not killed and was gone when I got turned around to go get my case out of the road.

·
Registered
183 Posts
what side and color I have a right side posted here its silver but i am looking for a red cover for a right side i do have a latch assm

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what side and color I have a right side posted here its silver but i am looking for a red cover for a right side i do have a latch assm
I need a right side. Mine is red. I need to keep the bags. Do you have an extra latch?

·
Registered
183 Posts
not really extra,it should go with the bag if someone needs thtat but if i can find a red cover then yes it could be parted out and then i would just keep the bag minus cover and latch for a spare.Is your lock salvagable?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not really extra,it should go with the bag if someone needs thtat but if i can find a red cover then yes it could be parted out and then i would just keep the bag minus cover and latch for a spare.Is your lock salvagable?
Yes it is. The part the keeps the case shut and the key is still functional. The only thing that broke was the metal bar that snaps the case on to the bag frame.

I have all the broken pieces. Maybe I should give JB Weld a try.

·
Registered
183 Posts
are you referring to the cast aluminum peice or the stamped steel locking cam?

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
This is what I have on my shelf. New, I unwrapped it this evening. I sent you a PM earlier today... $33.00 shipped. I have the other side also if you're interested.

PS: the springs in the one foto were not installed precisely on the little nubs... I just did it w/my fingers...a screwdriver or flat piece of steel would nurse them into the correct spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what I have on my shelf. New, I unwrapped it this evening. I sent you a PM earlier today... $33.00 shipped. I have the other side also if you're interested.

PS: the springs in the one foto were not installed precisely on the little nubs... I just did it w/my fingers...a screwdriver or flat piece of steel would nurse them into the correct spot.
I sent you a reply PM. Dont bother with pics now. Thats exactly what i have. It's the shiny metal think that shattered into peices.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent you a reply PM. Dont bother with pics now. Thats exactly what i have. It's the shiny metal think that shattered into peices.
You wouldnt happen to have an extra set of turn signal pods too? The right side one was damaged when the bag got torn off. It's being held on by lashings of black electrical tape right now.

·
Registered
183 Posts
fatguy from yourpost looks like stick has just what you need for that price its not worth making only a latch.
fixed
luckyfatguy:)

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
No turn signals here... but look at these:
http://www.desmotimes.com/
click on ST (upperright)
I think it's the last item at the bottom.... I need to get a pair of these "for the shelf".
You use the inners, wiring, lens from your's, and these do the trick.

Just make sure you buy something else from him, like belts, or something that you'll use in the long run (min. order price of $30)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts