Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, my 748 DQ is missing the "748" decals from the front fairing. Would someone be willing to measure theirs and advise on the size ( Width and Height)?

Id be guessing they are about 12cm or 4.5 inches wide, but no idea on height, so accurate measurements for my decal guy would be awesome.

These are the "748" decals that are silver with the gold/copper edges and lines through them

something like the picture below (not my bike), I know some of the 748's (like mine) had the decal further up, this pic to show the style im after

thanks !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,111 Posts
Hi folks, my 748 DQ is missing the "748" decals from the front fairing. Would someone be willing to measure theirs and advise on the size ( Width and Height)?

Id be guessing they are about 12cm or 4.5 inches wide, but no idea on height, so accurate measurements for my decal guy would be awesome.

These are the "748" decals that are silver with the gold/copper edges and lines through them

something like the picture below (not my bike), I know some of the 748's (like mine) had the decal further up, this pic to show the style im after

thanks !
That is Carmello's @Ceij (https://www.ducati.ms/forums/43403-ceij.html) bike.

He had all the original Cagiva era graphics painted on, and I've no idea whether or not he & the painter used original decals for measurements or not. I've not seen him post in a while, his profile page (link included above) indicates that his last visit was in Feb of this year... your best bet is probably to try and PM him.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, anyone's 748 will do, im just after the size off an "original" bike, I just plucked that pic off the internet as but one example.

I PM'd him, but would still like to hear from other fellow 748 owner's incase I don't hear back from Carmello. thanks again

·
Registered
305 Posts
Give me a day or two, and I will get them for ya. My 1997 is in the shop right now, but has the factory original decals. I should be getting it back mid week.... Pandoras is telling me the coil pickups should be be there tomorrow. I can get everything you need when I get the bike back (measurements, placement, etc.). Do you need the "Campione Del Mondo Superbike" tail stripe as well, or just the "Ducati 748 Desmoquattro?"

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Yellow
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I just need the "748". ie the 3 numbers, I have the rest. thanks !!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks, I just need the "748". ie the 3 numbers, I have the rest. thanks !!
Any time, happy to help. I'll get back to you, as soon as my bike gets back to me. ?

Just a heads up, by the way, but I believe the "748" came as a one-package deal, with the "Ducati" and "Desmoquattro" decal.

But I'll get you the specs in the next day or two.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
OK, got your PM and I found the unused spare 1997 replacement decal.
The 748 characters are 30mm high and the 748 is 152mm wide. They are italic (angled/slanted) so I’m measuring from the bottom left corner of the 7 and the widest part of the top of the 8 (right apex of the 8 curve), for the width.

BTW, Desimoto is correct, the “Ducati”, “748”, and “Desmoquattro” are all on one decal.
Finally, that picture is from before Sean at CCR Bike (painter) did the 3 stage pearl paint job using the stencils from Tapeworks.

Great to hear from you Prophet!

Hope this helps!

Reactions: ProphetPVD

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
thanks very much !!

Im a new guy here and really appreciate you fella's helping me out

Reactions: ProphetPVD
1 - 9 of 9 Posts