Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

461 - 479 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
K...I'm booked too. Can I park with you guys between flynnmon's trailer and dad's the transit van? Downside of having an open trailer.

I'm down for that. How late can you eat? I was thinking of leaving after work like Rich. BTW, unfortunately @Dolemite couldn't get out of work obligations. Maybe he'll let me borrow his new scoot!

This makes me sad on many levels...

Also, I think I need to change my garage code ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,306 Posts
I'm tryna move my Monday 4pm appointment earlier so I can get on the road, it's only 2 hours from here so worst case I'd be up there 7ish but hoping to get up there by 4 or 5ish, evening warm up ride on the Kanc maybe?, will keep y'all posted.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm tryna move my Monday 4pm appointment earlier so I can get on the road, it's only 2 hours from here so worst case I'd be up there 7ish but hoping to get up there by 4 or 5ish, evening warm up ride on the Kanc maybe?, will keep y'all posted.
Ill try to move things so I can get outta here mid afternoon, ideally before the commuter traffic gets crazy. 2 1/2 hours for me.

That looks amazing...wide! Lets hope for good weather. Right now Tuesday is looking like the worst day of the week.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Ill try to move things so I can get outta here mid afternoon, ideally before the commuter traffic gets crazy. 2 1/2 hours for me.

That looks amazing...wide! Lets hope for good weather. Right now Tuesday is looking like the worst day of the week.
@Slowdive...if you keep mentioning bad weather we're going to have to take away your weather app!!!😎

·
Super Moderator
5,306 Posts
yeah, that track looks amazing to ride around wet or dry (but PLEASE let it by dry FFS).

OK, I can be up there by 5, maybe even a little earlier, if there's a reason to be there that early. Any interest in a light Monday evening tour and maybe a nice not-too-late dinner in North Conway?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I'll probably have my bike all taped up/prepped for the track day, so I'm thinking probably won't ride Monday evening...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
@Slowdive...if you keep mentioning bad weather we're going to have to take away your weather app!!!😎
Ok ok...:frown2: Ill be good.

Any interest in a light Monday evening tour and maybe a nice not-too-late dinner in North Conway?
Ill have the pani tracked up, but Ill bring the katoom. Not much to tape so Im good for a Mon pre dinner run.

FYI, I dropped Tim @ fishtail to see if we could drop trailers inside the gates night before. Maybe not an option for you guys but prob preferable for me.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Thanks for the info @Slowdive, it's about 2.5-3 hr. drive for us . Going to try and head out early afternoon, dropping the trailer off might be a good option. Let's catch up on Sunday and see what our schedules bring...
Maybe catch up with you guys for dinner...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Awesome, just awesome!!!....spent Monday night and Tuesday at Club Motorsports in Tamworth,NH with @dadridesagain, @Slowdive ,Swiss Farm Roger and our host Fishtail Riding School.
We got there in time Monday evening for a track walk. Great insight from lead instructors Tim Hafner and Robi Nigle. Line selection, track visual points...just fantastic!
We woke up to rain with drying forecasted around noon.
After tech inspection and general meeting/classroom we set off in our respective groups.
The first 3 sessions were wet/showers but the track is designed so well it drained beautifully with french drains in all the concrete curbing.
The track features 2.4 miles, 15 turns, 250' of elevation change(about 1000' if you consider how many times you climb and descend) and wide layout.
The grin factor is huge and we all had a great experience.
I would like to thank Bruce Meyers for his instruction/insight and making this track day the best/most fun learning experience! My helmet off to you, Bruce!
Thanks to the rest of the staff of Fishtail and Club Motorsports for a great experience... we'll be back!
A couple pix of track walk, notice the backdrop(mountains...), you never see it when riding but the views around the track are spectacular. IMG_20190610_182019748_1560424790551.jpg IMG_20190610_184328231_HDR_1560424753279.jpg

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
More pix from Tamworth track day;
There's a track in them there hills!
Pix courtesy of @Slowdive and @dadridesagain.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Yeah yeah @flynnmon , just rub it in. Salt in the wound. The jerk store called, and they are fresh out of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...that puddle under your Hyper are the tears it cried while we were ripping around Tamworth as you left in the garage....again...maybe next time big fellah!!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
More pix from Tamworth track day;
There's a track in them there hills!
Pix courtesy of @Slowdive and @dadridesagain.

Apologies, me camera is on acid. Pics taken from service lane. When I saw it for the first time I went a little woozy myself.

Track is insane, great day. Thanks too rich people with expensive cars its unbelievably good! Pristine tarmac, wide, huge elevation changes. Has 8 miles of drainage and in the mountains so it dried off very fast after 1.5" of early morning rain. The first session after lunch it was 85% dry.

We made up for a wet morning by running double sessions in the afternoon. I got in 8 sessions but @flynnmon wins the participation award, he might have gotten 10 or 11.

·
Administrator
12,004 Posts
That track is in such a beautiful setting, nice!

461 - 479 of 479 Posts