Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ended up having a pretty good day on Sunday, riding to VT. I left CT around 6:30 in some dense fog, but by the time I hit Otis, the roads were already drying up.

We try to do a monthly gathering/ride etc as a club if you guys are interested. I'm in CT myself and venture out more often obviously, but with kids, timing can be random at times...

Oz

Attachments

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,372 Posts
2019 Meet in the Middle is scheduled for May 19. The food is bad, but the ride and people are good. And you know what Mr. Loaf sang, "Two out of three ain't bad."

Attachments

·
8,372 Posts
It would be great to meet you. I always like putting faces and names together from the forum. It makes it so much more personal. I've been fortunate over the years to say that some of the members I've met, I now consider friends.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Unfortunately, this is my anniversary weekend. Plus by this time my wife's moto trip goodwill will have been spent on ECM.

@ducvet are you going to or working the Tamsworth Fishtail track day? You may not remember but we chatted on the phone a few months ago. Bunch of us from here going June 11th. You were my instructor @ NHMS last October on that rainy end of season track day. Looking forward to dryer conditions.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Yes unless something strange happens I will be " working " at all the fishtail trackdays.

That said I need to create a quiet bike for Tamworth as my 750ss will be limited too much due to noise I will not be able to keep up with my students!

I always try and make meet in the middle but it is at a horrible time of year for me to take time off and Sunday is my only family day off. Now that the kids are old enough to ride with me I try and get them out as much as we can because they soon will be done with dear old dad for a while...lol. well on the up side when that happens I probably will become a road rider again and will get to see many more of you.

·
8,372 Posts
Too far. Plus I don't think I'd pass noise regs. The 749 has a Termi with no dB killers. Only if NYST requires them will I make the purchase. Think I might join this year. Wonder if I'm allowed to bring a guest? Anyway, I saw them somewhere. Design Corse maybe?

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I am not sure about the safety track but Tamworth is very strict right now. Last year they allowed us to police ourselves and we metered a bike by RPM. If you were under the sound limit at redline you were good to go. If you were not then we lowered your redline to the point you did pass and our customers were good enough to follow the rules Most bikes were able to run up to 10,000rpm or close to it and pass but if you have a loud exhaust it might be lower. We had a R6 that was allowed to run to 6500rpm, I bet he brings a different exhaust this year.

The sound test will get better as the track is around we saw the same with Calabogie where they have been getting easier on sound as the locals get used to them. Tamworth needs this as I failed about a dozen box stock motorcycles, CBR1000rr that was about 2 days old and the head instructors brand new panigale 1299 that could not run to redline.

Also keep in mind the Tamworth days are during bike week so you can check out all the sweet hogs in town! >:)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I am not sure about the safety track but Tamworth is very strict right now...
I tried my best to baffle my Termi's on the Panigale. Best I could get was about 88 dB @ 50 ft by my test (Its 110 @ the exhaust). That was @ 8k RPM. Depending on conditions I could still go over.

My backup plan is to bring a second bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts