Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Neck Bearing Numbers

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  mals900ss 
#1 ·
I was looking for this information a while back and couldn't find it.

I had to replace my steering neck bearings on my 02 SS so I just bought them from the dealership.

come to find out, for some odd reason, the SS is the only bike in the Duc lineup that comes standard with tapered bearings.

So here are the numbers for those who want to buy them but don't want to wait on Ducati...

They are SKF bearings
Inner: 639174 / 21 248B
Outter: 639172 / 21 248B

Hope this helps someone down the line!

#2 ·
Good luck!

I tried Timkin and SKF and neither stocked them I was told though that they could be had, but it would take six to eight weeks. They are 26mm I.D. with a 52mm O.D.

I too got them from a dealer @ 38 bucks each! They can't cost more than 8 or 9 dollars.

I just bought all "eight" of the cam support roller bearing for a four valve motor for 50 dollars!

#3 ·
Where did you try?

usually Purvis bearings carrys everything?

#5 ·
what town?

purvis is the same way, bearings only...

now you have me wondering....I might just have to call them and find out just for the hell of it!

#7 ·
The Timken parts are precision turbine shaft bearings and are actually $38 for each of the 4 bearing parts. I have 2 bike's worth in stock and they're priced at $120 / bike.

I wasn't able to get the SKF. I believe they are not supposed to be resold via normal retail outlets but some stores are able to get those. ??? *shrugs* got me.

Pinocchio said:
Good luck!

I tried Timkin and SKF and neither stocked them I was told though that they could be had, but it would take six to eight weeks. They are 26mm I.D. with a 52mm O.D.

I too got them from a dealer @ 38 bucks each! They can't cost more than 8 or 9 dollars.

I just bought all "eight" of the cam support roller bearing for a four valve motor for 50 dollars!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.