Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the bke show yesterday in Birmingham. I really enjoyed walking around all the new bikes but was looking forward to see the new hyper. I would say that it is a very smart looking machine and to me the best bike there. One thing that i didn't like was the seat. It makes you sit virtually on the tank and I don't think that it would be comforatble at all. On the SP model there was £4,000.00 worth of extras which was for the termingnomi system, but even the back mudyard, and carbon fibre side pannels etc were extra's whereas on my 2012 evo sp these pieces were all in the package. I came away and I am glad to say that i will not be rushing out to change my bike anytime soon, but would like a test run one the new sp to see how they compare in power. It is hard to beat all that low down torque that the 1100 throws out without reving the life out of it. The other bike for me would have been the pikes peak multistrada, but a lot of coupons £17,595.00. i did take some phots with my phone but they came out usless.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I visited the show at the NEC on saturday and met up with a group from the UKMOC at the Ducati stand, the line up of older monsters was outstanding and the photo wall of monsters was a really nice touch.

The new hypermotard looked quite nice but I don't think its as good as my old 1100s and even my wife who has no interest in bikes commented when she saw the pics of the new hyper that it wasn't a patch on my hyper.

The other two bikes that caught my eye were the blue and white Diavel and the new Pikes Peak multistrada but both those bikes are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to big for me.

Geoff...:sleep:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tend to agree with the comments above. I will stick with my 1100 for now. I am new to the site and glad to see some other UK Hyper jockeys on here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I visited the show at the NEC on saturday and met up with a group from the UKMOC at the Ducati stand, the line up of older monsters was outstanding and the photo wall of monsters was a really nice touch.

The new hypermotard looked quite nice but I don't think its as good as my old 1100s and even my wife who has no interest in bikes commented when she saw the pics of the new hyper that it wasn't a patch on my hyper.

The other two bikes that caught my eye were the blue and white Diavel and the new Pikes Peak multistrada but both those bikes are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to big for me.

Maybe your wife is smart and realises that if she says she prefers your old Hyper you are less likely to upgrade your bike!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Maybe your wife is smart and realises that if she says she prefers your old Hyper you are less likely to upgrade your bike!
Moses my wife of 46 years (thats married not age)...:eek: knows that what ever she says wouldn't stop me from upgrading if the mood takes me, with the hyper in the garage along with my streetfighter 1098s and the recently departed S4Rs tricolore she just lets me get on the it.

I'll wait until the new hyper is available for demo and take it for a run and then perhaps have a think about changing but at the moment I'm quite happy with my much modded 1100s hyper and like I said the blue and white Diavel looks very nice so we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Geoff,
Unfortunately I couldn't get to the NEC, I note that you didn't rate the new hyper in comparison to your current model, which seems to be in line with the current consensus, so why are you taking the new hyper for a demo as opposed to the Diavel or the Multistrada?
Cheers,
Moses.

Ps: my wife would never stop me from upgrading if the mood takes me - the minipulation of psychology just might work.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Moses my wife of 46 years (thats married not age)...:eek: knows that what ever she says wouldn't stop me from upgrading if the mood takes me, with the hyper in the garage along with my streetfighter 1098s and the recently departed S4Rs tricolore she just lets me get on the it.

I'll wait until the new hyper is available for demo and take it for a run and then perhaps have a think about changing but at the moment I'm quite happy with my much modded 1100s hyper and like I said the blue and white Diavel looks very nice so we'll just have to wait and see.

Haha, I agree with your wife. This bike is "defiantly" designed for pure fun riders. And no matter what changes occur,??? Hmmmm.... New Owners....New total bike design...? What's up with that? Keep the Bro's. I'll be sticking...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts