Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've made over a hundred posts and no -one's seen my bike yet if you're just a little curious have a look.

Just a few things on my to-do list:
Rear suspension 'er indoors said I could have shocks for chrimbo
Wasp intake kit or maybe TPO beast R - more research required
A few blingy items

Thanks must go to firstly my wife - she didn't know what she was letting herself in for and the encouragement from my petrolhead sons.
Last but not least thanks to you guys for putting up with my initial stupid questions and now my pontifications.

Regards Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
very nice bike! as you can see, we have similar taste... ;)

question, though: what is the black piece hanging by the throttle bodies on the left of the bike? never seen that before...

cheers!
David

Attachments

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Pretty slick bike! Did you anno or powder-coat the forks and bottoms?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
That's a really tasteful Sport Classic, well done.

You might want to consider making the headlamp bracket and chrome ring black to finish the blackness at the front (while leaving a few details like the clocks for contrast).

But even better that that bike is where you live!!! God I had some crazy times on the A and B roads in Kent and Surrey. Lucky bloke.

Here's mine:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
question, though: what is the black piece hanging by the throttle bodies on the left of the bike? never seen that before...
Ah you've found the achillies heel! that monstrosity is my hooter - a stebel nautilus - it's on my to do list - my son has a thruxton and he has separated the body from the horn and hidden the compressor under the seat whilst just showing the horn. I will be doing the same when time allows and I will put the horn body on the oil cooler with the compressor under the seat where my rectifier used to be (it's mounted underneath now where it can be a bit cooler)

Regards Nick

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might want to consider making the headlamp bracket and chrome ring black to finish the blackness at the front (while leaving a few details like the clocks for contrast).
Already considered and will be done

But even better that that bike is where you live!!! God I had some crazy times on the A and B roads in Kent and Surrey. Lucky bloke

Yes indeed but we now have to be very wary - got stopped on the A259 last Sunday for 'nearly breaking the speed limit' I wasn't booked but I was told to be careful???!!!

Sundays are 'hate motorcycles day' by plod - a guy was carted off to the nick for pulling a wheelie by Bury Hill (Arundel) for many hours. Red hot would be an understatement for the way plod consider us and bearing in mind the government need to pay off the massive debt we are all targets now.

A guy was even spoken to about overtaking by an ambulance driver who thought he was plod - he wasn't on a call at the time.

So Dave take off those rose tinted specs the big brother state is here to get us on this very overcrowded island (60million now)and rejoice in the fact you can disappear down the Icefields Parkway or along some of those out of the way places where the mounties aren't concerned about.

The American dream is all about bettering oneself - the British dream is to emigrate - Norman Tebbitt

When the roads are quiet it's a dream and so picturesque but it's getting tough to enjoy. You must like it up there - we loved it when we went a while back in an RV from Calgary to Red Deer to Edmonton onto Jasper down the Icefields Parkway to Banff.

Regards Nick in Blighty

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty slick bike! Did you anno or powder-coat the forks and bottoms?
Anodised then rubbed off as it didn't come out well, so I had them painted with two pack and lacquer then waxed with hardshell traditional wax.

Regards Nick

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Ah you've found the achillies heel! that monstrosity is my hooter - a stebel nautilus - it's on my to do list - my son has a thruxton and he has separated the body from the horn and hidden the compressor under the seat whilst just showing the horn. I will be doing the same when time allows and I will put the horn body on the oil cooler with the compressor under the seat where my rectifier used to be (it's mounted underneath now where it can be a bit cooler)

Regards Nick
Ah, I had no idea that could be done. That makes the Stebel practical to install on many bikes where I would have considered it to just be too large. Thanks!

·
Registered
175 Posts
++1 fantastic mods - looks great! more inspiration for us all - but pain at the bank though.:eek:
i have a black 2008, done the wheels/tyres, TMSD, brakes, termis, but more to come over time...:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts