Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I noticed in every picture of the New Blue the lower Oil Temperature Sensor is disconnected. I realize the computer uses the upper sensor, and the lower is just for the dash guage, however don't those bikes have a dash guage as well, or is the NCR dash using the ECU sensor?

I'd like to get rid of the wire if possible ;).

6,048 Posts
I think it is on the Oil cooler upper right

Hey guys,

I noticed in every picture of the New Blue the lower Oil Temperature Sensor is disconnected. I realize the computer uses the upper sensor, and the lower is just for the dash guage, however don't those bikes have a dash guage as well, or is the NCR dash using the ECU sensor?

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Hey guys,

This thread is worthless without pics (because anyone who owns that bike should show I off it the rest of us schmucks)

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm referring to the little sender on the oil screen nut, below the oil level window. It's a single wire which is for the oil temperature guage (on the dash only, the computer uses the sender above the horizontal valve cover). All of the pictures of NCR New Blue have no wire going to the sender.

I think JC is correct. The later model Hypermotards uses an oil temperature sender on the oil cooler instead of on the oil screen nut. The also have a cap for the oil screen that doesn't have a sender hole, it would look much cleaner if the NCR guys used that.

Since my recent oil leak, I'm considering going to the Hypermotard lines for easier servicing and less chance of disturbing the fittings when removing the valve covers and just observed a few other mods that interest me. I wonder if those lines on the NCR are more compliant than the braided steel?

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Since the New Blue is a Biposto with a dry clutch, presumably NCR stole an engine from another model. Maybe they just took the Hyper motor?

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
I have the curved NCR cooler. And I did use the fitting in the cooler for my temp sensor and simply used a plug to fill the one by the screen. 1 less ugly wire. The lightweight lines with the NCR cooler are light, But very flexible, so they really don't hold any shape and kinda flop all over unless you tie them to the frame with zip tires. Not so good in my opinion, plus they run standard sport classic routing instead of hyper style which I prefer. I have seen people who have used Shrink tubing over these light weight hoses to give them a little more support. I took mine off and made new lines with nylon braded hose, and tossed the NCR lines in the junk box.

Some pics showing the sensor on top of the cooler as well as the plug in the lower fitting

·
Registered
704 Posts
I did something similar with mine when I rebuilt it. I went with the hyper oil cooler lines. Rerouted the starter wire to the other side and split the loom for the two sensors on the RH side. You can see in the picture there is enough wire to route them better and make that entire side of the motor more pleasant to look at.

6,048 Posts
The Oil lines that come with the NCR is the Fren Tubo Carbon
We can get the Fren Tubo Hyper Lines for use with the stock cooler on the SC.
and they are easier to route then the stanless lines

I'm referring to the little sender on the oil screen nut, below the oil level window. It's a single wire which is for the oil temperature guage (on the dash only, the computer uses the sender above the horizontal valve cover). All of the pictures of NCR New Blue have no wire going to the sender.

I think JC is correct. The later model Hypermotards uses an oil temperature sender on the oil cooler instead of on the oil screen nut. The also have a cap for the oil screen that doesn't have a sender hole, it would look much cleaner if the NCR guys used that.

Since my recent oil leak, I'm considering going to the Hypermotard lines for easier servicing and less chance of disturbing the fittings when removing the valve covers and just observed a few other mods that interest me. I wonder if those lines on the NCR are more compliant than the braided steel?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts