Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

NCR - lack of quality.....?

5K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  alkisros 
#1 ·
Hello All [emoji3]

I did my first NCR purchase the other day.

I was planning to add some NCR goodies but after receiving the first part I have second thoughts.

The NCR Titanium Clutch Cover I received was VERY badly crafted and I wonder if NCR have a quality control.....

Please see the picture.

All the center cut outs are also out of place since they are cut eccentric to the shape of the cover.

Is this the norm for NCR parts or have I just been unlucky to have received a part from the scrap bin????

Yes I know you maybe think I am crying like a baby, but I am so in to details......

How do you guys NCR cover look like?

Ciaoooo

Moller

See less See more
#2 ·
Bitching? I don't think so. I think my one eyed rescue dog Max could have done a better machining job. WTF? Send the effin thing back with a candle on it.

Reactions: Desmofreak
#4 ·
Hi Moller,

You are right to be angry, that is very poor craftsmanship. I don't know how good their quality control is, but all the other pieces that I have seen from NCR have looked superb. You may have been unlucky and you must get it changed or you will not be happy.

#5 ·
WTF [emoji35]

Please have a look at the answer from the store:

Hello,

I have just contacted NCR provider, they told us they manufacture their products handmade and this does not affect at all to your bike operation.

Best regards,

Julia

Man, I am glad that I have not put an order down for a NCR Titanium Exhaust yet.

What if such an exhaust at a price of € 4000 was delivered with a big dent in the silencers....... and the answer from NCR was:

Naaaaah, the exhaust is handmade and the BIG dents do not affect at all your bike operation or performance.

WTF!!!!!!

I am so disappointed in NCR.....

Ciaooooo

Moller

#11 ·
"I have just contacted NCR provider, they told us they manufacture their products handmade and this does not affect at all to your bike operation"
You have not bought from NCR direct - Which store / online did you use? Was this in Europe??
If so (you are in DK right?) you have protection & right to return items bought & sent by mail (angrerett på norsk, kanskje træk på dansk?) - send it back & get your money back - that is a piece of shit.

#7 ·
Don’t give up! Here’s some phone numbers:

I would make some calls ASAP! I called the North America number to check on my order and spoke to some guy who was helpful. I think his name was Bobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Don’t give up! Here’s some phone numbers:

I would make some calls ASAP! I called the North America number to check on my order and spoke to some guy who was helpful. I think his name was Bobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did send the store a reply about my thoughts regarding the statement from the NCR provider.

When I did sendt the mail I did add Michele Poggipolini (C.E.O. at NCR) as CC in the mail.

I am soooo excited to hear the answer - if they are willing to answer my mail :unsure:

Ciaoooo

Moller

#10 ·
Hello All [emoji3]

I did a search for badly crafted NCR Titanium Clutch Covers and came to this thread on Ducati Superbike forum.

You should use 5 minutes to read the thread.

I am shocked [emoji15]

Please read the thread answer from Gmeco about NCR saying that their products are having a production flaws:

I got the same answer regarding my triple clamps. I purchased adjustable triple clamps from NCR for my 1098R, which didn't fit. The statement from NCR "they should" but actually were 4mm off. Couldn't make'em work and they didn't take'em back either.

Now I have a set from Don Kyle which did cost @ half did fit and no issues.

They NCR ones look good in my garage though......anybody.....anybody half price.

How can they stay in business when they treat customers that way.......[emoji848]

Back to my own experience with NCR.

I haven’t heard from them since I wrote back to them that I want an exchange OR my money back.

Ciaooooo

Moller

#14 · (Edited)
Oh & if you do return it, send it by signed courier or they may claim it never arrived & not pay up.. Then you lose doubly. Ask me how I know this...:censored:

ETA: Did you pay by credit card or paypal - you may also have additional consumer protection you can investigate there too..?

EATA: "When buyers pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help buyers get a full refund"

I´d say that´s "significant" if you look at the pictures of the NCR cover on their website

#15 ·
As an owner of many NCR products, I would say they have far better manufacturing than other companies out there. Your clutch cover appears to be damaged/ bent post manufacturing. That particular piece is a press mold with machine work post pressing. I can only guess as to why this occurred, but if you received the item and it was already bent, it should have been returned immediately. Furthermore, if the vender is not cooperating, I'd foillow the advice of others on the forum and use credit card/ PayPal protection as a last means. I have an NCR titanium Sport Classic Frame, (2) separate titanium exhausts, NCR Ohlins forks, and special parts all through my motorcycles (over $40K in parts directly from NCR). Their quality is very high in my opinion. Good luck with your return, and moving forward, I'd purchase your NCR parts directly from NCR Italy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.