Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well.. after my 3rd attempt at ordering one through the German site I give up.
I used the Google Chrome translator, got all the way to the PayPal part and it said "not eligible to pay with this method" :mad: I am not a computer geek nor am I a computer moron.... but I cannot crack the German code on this. If anyone is about to order one and can get thru I would happily pay for shipping and a 6 pack of your favorite German beer to have you order two and send me one. I know its an expensive mount but it seems to be a great option for my Zumo 665 and I want it.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Montana Dude,
It seems Navihalter takes Paypal and there should be no problem.
It says this on their payment page:

The payment takes place through the electronic payment system PayPal. After confirming the order, you will be redirected to the payment page of PayPal. There you enter your PayPal account and make the payment. You will then be automatically redirected back to our online store, so you can complete your order.
The way Paypal works is that the seller'spayment system connects to Paypal with the payment details. Paypal processes the transaction and send you back to the sellers page one payment is authorised. From your post, I think the problem is that Paypal are blocking the transaction for some reason????

Can you just buy it using a credit card instead?

I bought one this way and had no problem. They have a great product, shipped it fast and if you have security concerns, Germany is the land of solid laws that work - or else :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Montana, I had the same problem when I tried to order mine over a year ago.After several tries ,I went to the KONTACK section on the Navi site and E -mailed them in english that pay pal was not working . My order went through a day after.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys

Montana, I had the same problem when I tried to order mine over a year ago.After several tries ,I went to the KONTACK section on the Navi site and E -mailed them in english that pay pal was not working . My order went through a day after.
I did try to e-mail them. Last time I did that they responded that " no one there could translate english". I did try to opt into the credit card version of PayPal and that did not work either. I do have an active PayPal account that I use frequently....frustrating as I would rather be riding than on a computer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Montanaman- I am having exactly the same problem using my credit card. Tried twice. The PayPal company even sent me an email acknowledging that I had signed up during the payment process. I still got the same final message...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there has to be a better way. either that or does anyone now of a similar mount. I have seen this on a Multi and unfortunately it for me is perfect.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
The issue is with chrome, when it tries to go to the paypal page it does not work properly.

What i did when i ordered mine is i used chrome to translate the page and i used firefox to place the actual order on the untranslated german page using the translated chrome page as a cheat sheet so i knew what to put where. I had no issue ordering that way and had my mount in a week.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I had difficulty ordering mine, it turned out it was because I was trying to use a Discover card, which is apparently not accepted by PayPal in Europe. When I used a Visa card instead, the order went through.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks... but

The issue is with chrome, when it tries to go to the paypal page it does not work properly.

What i did when i ordered mine is i used chrome to translate the page and i used firefox to place the actual order on the untranslated german page using the translated chrome page as a cheat sheet so i knew what to put where. I had no issue ordering that way and had my mount in a week.
Thats a bit above my pay grade as far as computers go. That is an extreme hassle to order a part.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Montanaman,
Chrome is a browser, not a computer. The failure of Paypal using this browser is NOT a problem with your computer or certainly not Navihalter's fault.

I am sure your computer has another browser already installed if you are not computer savvy. If you have a PC try using explorer or install Firefox. Takes a few minutes and works very well.

I use an Apple Safari and have had no issues with Navihalter.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll try again later

I've tried it with my Mac/safari combo and no go. It would only translate the first page of their site. Installed Google Chrome on the work P.C. I got all the way to the PayPal part and even tho that is the only option they give you to pay ... when I got to my PayPal site ( use it all the time) I tried it both ways.. credit card and the direct draw from my bank and the Navihalter site told me to choose ANOTHER payment option ! There is no other payment option. :mad:
Thats an hour of my life I'll never get back again..

·
23 Posts
I'm going to check my old e mails tonight and see if I can find anything , including their PayPal address. Worse comes to worse you can send them the money via PayPal with your address and ask them to send it in German. Its no risk with paypal if you dont get it. I'll see if i can find what I paid with shipping in euros as we are in the same local

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tried with IE after 3 failed attempts with Chrome, still no joy. Looks like the price is up to 105 delivered... This is not rocker science- very frustrated!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep.. right there with ya !

Just tried again with Chrome and my safari browser. Got all the way to the paypal part. Opened my PayPal hit the go button and it sent me back to their "site" ( if you can call it that.. I call it a train wreck) and the message comes up " Cannot not be processed using PAYpal .......Hello?? Is there another option.?? Wow... so stupid. They have to get it together over there.. I mean.. they make a mean automobile so I dont get it.

I am going to try and just send them the money and hope for the best but at this point I may just stick to the RAM mount.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This just in !!

Well.. I guess one of my many attempts went thru. I just got a PayPal confirmation that my payment went thru. Not sure how and I hope I just ordered one. If not I will have one or two for sale :eek:

·
Super Moderator
5,653 Posts
Well.. I guess one of my many attempts went thru. I just got a PayPal confirmation that my payment went thru. Not sure how and I hope I just ordered one. If not I will have one or two for sale :eek:
Please PM me if you end up with an extra, I'll buy it off you.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts