Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using one on a GT? I had one for my Bonnie and it worked nice for trips and the quick detach hardware was great. Just want to see if there are any GT's out there with one.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, didn't think so. I'm goona get one and see if it'll fit. I saw the Givi on a GT here and it is about$40.00 more than the NC Street Shield. I am getting the quick detach deflector screen and will post pics later.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Is this the item you were asking about? I believe the picture is taken on a GT.

I just purchased one a couple of days ago from a member here on this forum, BellaCorse, who has a small business selling parts for the SportClassic.

http://www.customsportclassics.com/

Unfortunately, I have no idea when they will ship this item, but when I receive it, I will post pictures. Of course I have a Sport 1000, not a GT.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this the item you were asking about? I believe the picture is taken on a GT.

I just purchased one a couple of days ago from a member here on this forum, BellaCorse, who has a small business selling parts for the SportClassic.

http://www.customsportclassics.com/

Unfortunately, I have no idea when they will ship this item, but when I receive it, I will post pictures. Of course I have a Sport 1000, not a GT.
Actually this is the one I ordered:
http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/DeflectorScreen.shtml
The DX has quick detach hardware that unscrews from the bike in about 10 seconds leaving the brackets on the bars. I will use it for the bike when it is set up for touring (stock rear fender/signals, soft luggage, wind screen). The GIVI unit I've seen cost about $30 more and looks like the same thing. Will post up the pics when in. Be patient with Mike at Bella Corse. He'll get the stuff out and is a real easy guy to deal with if you have questions about stuff. I dealt with him alot when I had my Bonnie and always got a square deal.

·
Registered
758 Posts
.......Be patient with Mike at Bella Corse. He'll get the stuff out and is a real easy guy to deal with if you have questions about stuff. I dealt with him alot when I had my Bonnie and always got a square deal.
Thanks for the heads up. It hasn't been very long at all, but my charge account was billed for it already, and I have received no indication as to a shipping date, or even if they have it in stock. A little communication would go a long way in terms of confidence. But I'm optimistic everything will proceed smoothly. BTW, sorry to hijack your thread.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up. It hasn't been very long at all, but my charge account was billed for it already, and I have received no indication as to a shipping date, or even if they have it in stock. A little communication would go a long way in terms of confidence. But I'm optimistic everything will proceed smoothly. BTW, sorry to hijack your thread.
Normally Mike sends out an email saying that it'll take a couple of weeks to get the stuff. You can call and leave a message or email him. He'll either make good or credit you back. Like the rest of us, the slow economy is keeping his stock low. You should hear the BMW, errr, I mean Bonnie crowd when they have to wait two weeks!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yeah, keeping inventory low, particularly these days, is understandable. And I am totally cool with a two week turnaround, just so long as I am told that would be the case.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, keeping inventory low, particularly these days, is understandable. And I am totally cool with a two week turnaround, just so long as I am told that would be the case.
If you don't hear from him in that time, call him.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've got that same windshield (didn't notice this post before), and it works ok. I think it doesn't detract too much from the looks of the bike, and it blocks wind from your chest and head well, although it does seem to make freeway wind noise a bit louder. It does make the front end feel a little squirrely at high speeds, especially on windy days, but it's not too much. I don't know if I would use it for long-distance touring though.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I installed it today but don't have the pics yet. It fits up nicely and should do the trick for longer trips. The best thing is it comes off so quickly. The stock front end and OE tires ARE squirrely on these bikes pretty much. Now that I have the new tires, after market springs and steering dampner it should keep any suprises to a minimum. I will post up pics after the test ride.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dialed in the deflector and took it on a brief ride today. Definately more head buffeting and sound and it will take getting used to. Ideally, I would opt for a frame mounted unit but this works good.

I am going to tweek the adjustment on rake and the bar mounts this week and see if this helps overall handling.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Angle it back some more and the buffetting will go away.

I have one of the F series from National on mine.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts