Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, by any chance is there a GT1000 owner that lives in or near Naples Florida?
Thanks,
Rod

·
Registered
724 Posts
murph38_99

I think he is in Tampa, and so am I. I have an 06 SC.

What do you need? Maybe I can help.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I am looking for someone who can bring their GT1000 to Dave at Legendary Motorcycles in Naples. He's a rather prolific and respected builder of cafe bodywork that I have asked to do some stuff for my custom 900ss cafe and possibly for my GT1000 too. He already owns a 900ss so is good to go on that but would like at GT1000 to do measurements etc.
Please let me know if you can help,
Rod

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hmmm, I have an SC... try to PM murph. Naples is close to 2 hours ride from here.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, I sent a couple of PM's to members here but so far no reply so I thought I'd give some more details.
Basically I am asking for someone with a Sport Classic in the Naples area to ride by Legendary Motorcycle in Naples so that the owner Dave can do some measurements. Here is a link to his webpage:

Legendary Motorcycles Cafe Racer Parts, Gas Tanks, Seats

Dave is willing to do custom body work in either fiberglass or aluminum and is very reasonable for pricing. His work has been well spoken of in cafe racer magazine and on other forums I have visited. He actually owns a 900ss CR too.

If someone in the Naples area would be so kind as to agree to show Dave their bike I'm sure we can get some cool stuff flowing for our bikes.

Thanks guys,
Rod

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I would love for GT1000 owner to head over but really it would be cool if any sport classic rider could make it. It would definitely give Dave and idea for the architecture of the bikes even if the tanks and seats are different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts