Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a "new to me" 2001 ST2. It has a few nice upgrades but I can't figure out who makes the exhaust. It does have a Fast by Ferracci chip but the exhaust has no name on it anywhere. Is it a DP exhaust?:confused:

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
117 Posts
exhaust

Looks like it could be Remus

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
FBF or original DP (hanger-style). Since you already have the FBF EPROM, it's probably FBF.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Whatever they are they're very nice. I love the end caps on them.
The springs should help to identify them. Some Termi's had springs and some didn't.
It's those end caps though, very unique and very lovely.

They're deffo not FBF.
FBF used the OEM hangers and look like this....

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, since I can't find any markings anywhere, it is leading me to believe that maybe they are DP pipes made by Remus or Termi. I know one thing, they sound very nice!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the exact same exhaust and don't know what they are either. All I do know is that I like the way they sound:):) They are very nice.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the exact same exhaust and don't know what they are either. All I do know is that I like the way they sound:):) They are very nice.
Yes I have the same set and my wife says she can hear me 3 blocks away. I love the way they sound so sweet.

·
7,733 Posts
Those slip-ons could have also been made by Sil Moto, as they make cannisters that are rebadged for Termi and Ducati as well as FBF afaik.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,608 Posts
The weave does look a lot like my Sil Motor cans, but they engrave the end cap with production codes. The end cap and mounting strap are all wrong too.

·
7,733 Posts
The weave does look a lot like my Sil Motor cans, but they engrave the end cap with production codes. The end cap and mounting strap are all wrong too.
Oh, I was referring to the thumbnail post 5, sorry. :eek:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Sonic Duck!

It looks like they made Ducati performance parts before Ducati Performance!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks very similar to a set i took off our latest donor bike, nice cans very well made. The owner said they are Ducati performance cans fitted on the bike as new back in '99. I bet they would have had a hefty price tag on them back then.
As to the production factory at the time you guys would know more than me on that one.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
hey there,

i know this threads been dead for a while but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what these might be? They are on a 2006 st3. Might not be clear in the photos but it has the centre stand stopper and a little bolt on the end of the can which looks like what is used to take out baffles. I undid it but couldnt remove the piece it was attached to that goes into the can. For a brief moment I thought yay more dBs...!

cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
G'day Val

They are the same as on my bike ,,, DP's (Ducati Performance)

Annnnnnd ,,, ever so glad to hear that you are now RIDING IT ! ! !

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Trevor
Thanks for that. Yeah, me too! Such a weight off. Loving the bike, just trying to sort some time so I can get a decent trip away soon. The bike has a stiffer spring on the rear and has had some race tech work in the forks (not exactly sure what) I'm getting the suspension sorted for 2 up riding tomorrow.

Have any idea what the little bolt is for at the end of the can?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Mr Leakered
8,944 Posts
To remove the DB killer / baffle. Removing it will give your more sound but may cause lean running depending on how the EFI and ECU are set up.

Have a good one.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts