Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a '98 916 and I'm trying to figure out what kind of exhaust is on it. I couldn't find any logos or manufacturer on it, just an etched "T DUC 916". Here's a photo:

Any ideas?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's missing the giant "Termignoni" logo. I remember seeing an Arrow exhaust that had the carbon fiber as well...Still up in the air.

·
Registered
494 Posts
If the guy from the orig phot is anything like me, he removes any sticker that can be removed. I prefer the clean lines over the gaudy, faux advertisement.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Makes sense. Since these look identical without the logos...How can I differentiate? I guess I'll try and find more markings...

·
Registered
724 Posts
No markings on the Muffs but markings on the pipes only are: T DUC 916 SX. The guy I bought mine from said that he ordered them out of a Ducati Performance Catalog. This is the only other time I have seen the 4 piece set-up. VERY well built, better quality then the 2 piece I think.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
They don't look like Termignoni to me as the outlets are different to all the termis I've seen. Do Termi even make 2-piece cans?

If they were from a Ducati Performance catalogue then they are probably GioCaMoto as they used to make some of the Ducati Performance parts.

I have a PDF file of an old Ducati Performance catalogue on my computer, showing these and Arrow exhausts and they look like they could be the DP parts. I can email you the catalogue if you PM me with an email address.

BTW, the marking 'SX' is an abbreviation of Sinistra (left) and 'DX' an abbreviation of Destra (right).

·
Super Moderator
8,239 Posts
I´d say Gicamoto´s aswell.

Definatly NOT Arrows or Termignoni.. On that I´m 100% sure. The cans are too round and outlets are wrong.

Staintunes maybe? Or FBF?

//amullo

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
I´d say Gicamoto´s aswell.

Definatly NOT Arrows or Termignoni.. On that I´m 100% sure. The cans are too round and outlets are wrong.
Agreed and also for Yellow Blur, I'd say his cans look like Giocamoto (DP) with Termi stickers on them.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
The previous owner is correct--they are DP. I had a similar set on my '95 915 which I purchased and installed. They came in the white/red Ducati Performance box, but I don't know who actually made them for Ducati. The suggestions of GiaCaMoto are probably as good as any. The end caps did not look like the Termi's I've seen or the Arrows I have on my 748 right now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is definitely "T DUC 916 SX" and "T DUC 916 DX" as mentioned. Here are some close-ups of various angles:

Does this confirm/refute anything?

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
Those are the factory head pipes. The cans are definitely Ducati Performance. They are exactly like those I bought new in 1999 and had on my 916. Still leaves us with the question of who made them for DP...

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Those are the factory head pipes. The cans are definitely Ducati Performance. They are exactly like those I bought new in 1999 and had on my 916. Still leaves us with the question of who made them for DP...
GioCaMoto...

·
Registered
724 Posts
GioCaMoto...

Interesting, now it makes sense. Thanks for that info guys and to Tremelune for asking, but now I may have to remove those fake advertisement stickers….:eek: Ha! But the question has been answered. Cool!!!!

I found a couple of links that show the same style tips and can design of the ends that ARE GioCaMoto, just not on a 916 or….. and the photos aren’t very clear either, but as others have stated and correctly so.

http://www.zcmmotorsports.net/1996ducatisupersport.htm

http://www.geocities.com/sp33d3/MarioZs-Duc907.html

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
They look like Forza's....

I have Termi's on the 998 and Arrows on the 996- those dont look like either

just my .02
They're DEFINATELY not Forza's.. I had those on my 748 and the end cap is totally different from the FBF Forza's. Forza's endcaps are flush around the outside of the pipe, whereas these flare out towards the middle of the endcap. I couldn't tell ya what they are, I can just tell ya what they're not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts