Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got an 08 hyper that im fixing after a big wreck. I had to replace the entire wiring harness cause it landed on the ecu and those connectors(a mess!).

In the headlight area of the wiring harness theres a connector i cant figure out what its for? Its got orAnge rubber inside a black body and four wires: grey/black stripe, brown/red stripe, grey/red stripe and black/green stripe. Its not the headlights, park lights, turn signals, controls or the instruments, ive got all that wired and done...its got nothing to plug into and the bike runs ?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looking at the electric diagram it appears this is your data acquisition / diagnosis connector. This is probably only used at the dealer which is sync'ed with your bank account and it draws until the account is purged.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have mine tore apart, those four wires connect to something mounted under the headlight marked bosch 0 261 230 030. Perhaps atmopsheric pressure sensor? The wires match.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The diagnosis connecter uses a fiat 3 pin connector, only has two wires, and is located next to the ecu. @ least that's what I used for ducatidiag.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Airtemp/pressure sensor

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys! Is the air/temp sensor in the headlight assembly/plastic (it looks to have an o ring on it to seal)? I found(left over in the box w my new wiring harness) it but was it formorly plugged into the airbox or?? I have k&n pod filters..

Finally got it running, today, and the starter wont turn off after the motor is fired!!!! Damnit!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
We/I want pics of the psuedo monster! Sounds like you have the charge wire and the starter button wire backwards at the solenoid. This would cause your starter dis-engagement issue, could be a myriad of other things too but thats where I'd start looking first. Pics of your Crossbreed or it doesn't exist!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have mine tore apart, those four wires connect to something mounted under the headlight marked bosch 0 261 230 030. Perhaps atmopsheric pressure sensor? The wires match.
That was it! It came with the wiring harness and i couldnt figure out what the heck it was for...thank u sir! Do u know where it goes by chance?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We/I want pics of the psuedo monster! Sounds like you have the charge wire and the starter button wire backwards at the solenoid. This would cause your starter dis-engagement issue, could be a myriad of other things too but thats where I'd start looking first. Pics of your Crossbreed or it doesn't exist!!!
Gimme about an hour to get on a computer. Im stuck using a phone currently... Its all hyper mechanically, almost all monster cosmetically... Cheapest way to fix the wreck... And i always liked monsters anyhow:D

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think u might be right on the wiring, ill have to flip those and see. Thanks for the help:) swappin out the entire harness was a mfer! Especially since none of the mounts and brackets were around anymore from when it was a hyper

·
Registered
48 Posts
It mounts below the headlight. You could put it anywhere it's gunna get good ambient air. How did you work your dash? Hyper unit or something diff? I trashed mine, and would like something different.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It mounts below the headlight. You could put it anywhere it's gunna get good ambient air. How did you work your dash? Hyper unit or something diff? I trashed mine, and would like something different.

I salvaged my hyper dash, but its covered in epoxy on the backside. That buell xb flyscreen covers that area up though for the most part. Its on backorder at karbontek though. I could mount that air sensor behind it too. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I tried switching the wires but the whole bikes dead if i hook the battery up to one side and the starter to the other. If its hooked up opposite that everything works but the damn starter runs continuosly once i hit the button. I might have damaged something in the swith on the handlebar in the wreck too? Ugh

Do these things work like a car where the startr shaft engages a flywheel ring gear? I dunno whether to troobleshoot the startter or the solenoid. Also, am i gonna dump $50 worth of fresh oil when i pull the starter?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nice looking project so far. If the starter starts the bike but keeps running it's the solenoid or the switch. The starter is working, something is keeping it working after you release the button. Either the button or the solenoid. Will check my electrical diagram and get back to you as to where I'd look, next.

·
Registered
309 Posts
check the red/black stripe, and or the black\blue stripe with a volt ohm meter when you start the bike one of them will go to positive when you push the button. I'd recomend disconecting the started for initial testing to save wear on it. figure out which wire is your trigger,(button) then hook up the starter and see if it stays on or acts like a the switch should. It is possible that the starter solinoid has gone south, since when your not pushing the button to start it(the solinoid) is also the switch that connects the voltage regulator to the battery. The two red wires carry charging current to the battery once the bike is running. one of these could be keeping the solinoid open if its messed up inside. hope this helps...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
check the red/black stripe, and or the black\blue stripe with a volt ohm meter when you start the bike one of them will go to positive when you push the button. I'd recomend disconecting the started for initial testing to save wear on it. figure out which wire is your trigger,(button) then hook up the starter and see if it stays on or acts like a the switch should. It is possible that the starter solinoid has gone south, since when your not pushing the button to start it(the solinoid) is also the switch that connects the voltage regulator to the battery. The two red wires carry charging current to the battery once the bike is running. one of these could be keeping the solinoid open if its messed up inside. hope this helps...
I do have to push the button to get it started. It just remains spinning even after the motor is firing. Glad i caught it before i revved the motor a bunch. Those switches are on the side the bike crashed on. Im gonna open up the swithgear on that side and check it out. I REALLY appreciate ur help, bro, thanks for taking the time to look into it!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I do have to push the button to get it started. It just remains spinning even after the motor is firing. Glad i caught it before i revved the motor a bunch. Those switches are on the side the bike crashed on. Im gonna open up the swithgear on that side and check it out. I REALLY appreciate ur help, bro, thanks for taking the time to look into it!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I took the switchgear apart and it looks legit. Im gonna buy a solenoid and hope for the best.

All the parts(tank, seat, entire wiring harness, computer, clutch cover, pressure plate, handdle bars, headlights, exhaust headers and slipon muffler, etc,etc) ive gotten to resurrect this thing have been off ebay. Mostly imperial sportbikes and gotham cycles. Good vendors for anyone needing parts for their ducati but dont wanna pay big bucks at the stealer, i mean dealer:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts