Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
3 Italian, many others. 2001 S4 Monster,2002 998 super bike & 76 Guzzi
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this is vintage Ducati, please forgive me if it's not. It's steel, not rusty, and I used to have 2 of them under the idea of customizing it for a cafe racer.
It kinda works well on a 50s-60s Norton Featherbed frame, although the "Ears" on each side reach fwd a bit too far. Many years ago I gave the other to a local guy who reshaped the "Ears" a bit by cutting them and curved inwards in a radius. I lost contact with him but people flipped out seeing his bike. Not your typical Manx cafe racer.
Anyrate, in downsize mode it's increasingly unlikely I will use it, although I still have 4 Featherbed Norton's in the pipe line.

So can someone ID year and model of this tank? And what is a fair price?
Any help appreciated...馃馃檹馃槈
Wood Personal protective equipment Carmine Fashion accessory Sandal

Automotive tire Automotive design Fender Wood Art

Registered
'02 ST4S
Kinda has the shape of an early 70's 750 GT tank. What's the rear of tank look like, if it has 2 posts pointing towards the seat(for rubber o-ring/band to attach and hold to frame) possibly the above mentioned model.

Registered
3 Italian, many others. 2001 S4 Monster,2002 998 super bike & 76 Guzzi
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda has the shape of an early 70's 750 GT tank. What's the rear of tank look like, if it has 2 posts pointing towards the seat(for rubber o-ring/band to attach and hold to frame) possibly the above mentioned model.
I can get up on the ladder and get it down, & better pictures tonight. Appreciate you looking at it.

Registered
I agree on early '70's 750GT. As with all bevel parts, to the right guy it's worth a considerable amount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts