Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to installing the TuneBoy CC on my (new to me) 2014GT on the weekend and while I was rummaging around under the seat I came across a couple mystery leads.

This lead was poking out from under the seat and to me it looks like it might be a battery tender lead? I guess I could confirm with a quick multimeter test. If it is a battery tender lead, it should be live even with the ignition off.

This lead has me stumped. It has a label on it that says "MELCO" but I have no idea what that is. A quick google on "melco" didn't give me any further clues as to what it could be for.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, yeah, the top one is definitely the battery tender lead (Battery Fighter Junior) that Frasers (at least) install on all Ducati’s. It usually has a cover but this tends to break off. Can’t help with the 2nd connector though, sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, yeah, the top one is definitely the battery tender lead (Battery Fighter Junior) that Frasers (at least) install on all Ducati’s. It usually has a cover but this tends to break off. Can’t help with the 2nd connector though, sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, It still has the cover. I just moved it out of the way so that I could get a better pic of the terminals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts