Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get clear mylar. Plain sheets or something that custom. I've got a new CF chin fairling and want to cover it before install. Is this a good idea?

Thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
I don't know anything about it, so I can't give any advice. But, it is available from McMaster-Carr www.mcmaster.com.

I found it in their catalog [hard copy].

I would search "mylar" if that doesn't work, look under "PET" [polyester]

they have it in adhesive backed sheets .0005" thick on up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't think about McMaster-Carr. Found it there. Thanks man.

·
Administrator
12,538 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks for the tip too, I ordered it from McMaster the 0.002" thk is <$3.0 the 0.004" thk is >$100.....wow

·
Registered
27 Posts
enrico said:
Thanks for the tip too, I ordered it from McMaster the 0.002" thk is <$3.0 the 0.004" thk is >$100.....wow
Which type did you buy from McMaster? Do you have a part number? They have some many types listed on their website.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
929 Posts
I've always went with the 3M brand. Others in time will turn a yellow color

·
Registered
196 Posts
SHOIE,

I ordered the 27"x 20" long and it's the 0.002 thk film. SKU#8689k31 it came in this afternoon and I put it on the side ferings right behind the wheel to eliminate stone chips. It's nice and thin it prectically invisable and easy to apply.

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
Make sure you put it a minimum of 8.0" up from the bottom of the fairing and cover right behind the front wheel very well. I didn't... and have quite a few rock chips on my lower 999r fairing. Bummed as it's a Fila. Will cost a few $$$ to fix now. I put 3M tape on the bottom and up maybe 2.0" or so. Will I be able to get this stuff off without it taking the paint with it????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts