Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are many SF owners always doing things to their bike. Some do large expensive things and some do smaller cheaper upgrades. Due to now living on a very tight budget from an event in my life I can't control. I'm very happy to have been able to add a few things to my SFS. I'm grateful that I still even have my SFS.:) Last summer I experimented with some cheap slip ons and some minor fuel tweaks. The outcome was good. After I got the positive improvements from those changes I wanted a nicer set of end cans. So I saved my money and I got these cans. I really like the look of GP mufflers that's why I got them. Some of you might be able to guess what they are. They don't have the company badges on them and this is unique. They usually come with a label riveted to the top can. I'll tell you guys the name later on if no one can guess. I took my SFS out for the first time since last fall this morning. These mufflers sound great. I really like them. I like how they look and I like how they sound. I'm going for an industrial clean look with minimal modifications to the bike.

Last summer I got a Speedymoto open clutch cover. The factory springs and spring retainers look a little plain. So I installed a set of EVR stainless springs and stainless allen bolts. I decided to also add a Paulimoto spider spring retainer since it might have strength benefits over the regular spring caps.

My SFS doesn't have many miles on it and I was worried about radiator damage. Especially the lower radiator. Since my radiators look brand new I installed a set of Evotech radiator guards.

I know these are small modifications to most but I'm very happy with them. With the few modifications I made last summer, along with my current winter modifications I think my SFS is turning out nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
the pipes are from MIVV.... it says there when you click the image..no need to guess,just read...:p

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I left the picture labeled that way on purpose hoping if no one could visually identify the cans they might see the label like you did. Good eyes there. They're Mivv titanium cans.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link. That's another modification I might consider doing.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Im liking the clutch set up. Realise its a standard plate, but the silver against the red retainer and black cover looks really nice. Overall good looking bike. We all start some where and upgrade when we can afford it.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
really like the cans... how do they sound..? nice bike
These mufflers have DB killers installed from the factory. The first thing I did was take the DB killers out before I installed the cans. I'm not trying to be quiet. So I'm not really sure how quiet they sound with them in. Supposedly with the DB killers in they're supposed to be louder than stock but road legal in Europe. With the DB killers out these cans sound great. They are loud. They sound very angry but in a good way. They have a loud but still refined sound. From the rear of the bike the exhaust outlets are huge. You can see all the way down to the header. I'm very happy with the way they sound.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im liking the clutch set up. Realise its a standard plate, but the silver against the red retainer and black cover looks really nice. Overall good looking bike. We all start some where and upgrade when we can afford it.
Thanks for the compliment. My idea for the clutch was also clean and simple without overdoing it. I was trying to stick with colors similar to factory colors. I went with a black vented clutch cover because the engine case is black. The 10 spoke cover also matches the wheels. The spider retainer adds just a small tie to the rest of the red on the bike. If I ever do change the pressure plate I think I'm going to go with silver.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. My idea for the clutch was also clean and simple without overdoing it. I was trying to stick with colors similar to factory colors. I went with a black vented clutch cover because the engine case is black. The 10 spoke cover also matches the wheels. The spider retainer adds just a small tie to the rest of the red on the bike. If I ever do change the pressure plate I think I'm going to go with silver.

Ive had a quick look on flea bay and its about $150 for a silver plate! I would consider taking yours to a metal shop and asking them to either powder coat or polish and clear coat. Its a really good look and different from the usual set up. I got my plate powder coated and then lacquered for $48. Im in the UK but there must be some where over your way that can do it cheaply.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a great idea. I've done some aluminum/metal polishing before. I could probably polish the plate myself during the winter. I used to be an automotive-motorcycle painter so I have no problem shooting a little color base coat or clear coat. There is a powder coater in my area that I've heard knows what they're doing. So maybe I'll check into the powder coating option to.

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's a great idea. I've done some aluminum/metal polishing before. I could probably polish the plate myself during the winter. I used to be an automotive-motorcycle painter so I have no problem shooting a little color base coat or clear coat. There is a powder coater in my area that I've heard knows what they're doing. So maybe I'll check into the powder coating option to.

Happy to help. Post some pics when your done. Never know others on the site might want some bits polished or painted also! I know I do!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts