Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a 95 900 CR for my wife this spring. It had a weeping clutch slave. I replaced it tonight with a STM unit (birthday gift!!) and the difference is amazing. Much easier pull and much smoother. Also helped to get the black grunge out of the clutch hydraulics. Bleeding was simple, did not have any issues. Other than the cost, we should have done this much earlier. It cost $310 CDN. I feel like I paid too much but after riding it, it was worth it. My question is why did Ducati build such an inferior product in the first place (cost??)?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
the nwwer ones are just that - newer. Also they have the bigger bore so the action at the lever is easier. How are you going with getting the bike into neutral - i just fitted a MPL one to my 95 and had a bit of problem getting it into neutral at a standstill, kinda sorted now. I also got some pazzo levers fiited too - the adjustability in them also make for a nicer riding experience.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello I,m in Prince George I also have a 900 supersport if you get up this way PM me and we can get together for a ride
Is your's a yellow CR? I saw one in 100 Mile last spring and I am looking for whoever has it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My '99 SS has the same neutral issue right after I replaced the clutch. I'm wondering if it'll wear in some and that problem will diminish. Thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts