Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HA HA !!!!

so I bought some strip LED lights (waterproof good for automotive purposes) from superbrightleds website and made me an aluminum mount and sticky taped it inside the tail and wired it up parallel with a 20W x 16Ohm resistor to emulate the stock bulb and BOOM strip LED vent blinker light.. and later when I combine this with the integrated tail blinker LED tail light.. I think it will look even better! it's a home made looking jobby but it doesn't matter too much because only the light is visible. The tool kit had to go. I don't know if it is DOT approved by itself but it is visible from Behind,, not from the side. I am thinking of making a few extra to sell if people are interested but I will decide that later, . k I gotta go to bed now

·
Registered
42 Posts
Exactly what I'm looking for. I'm ordering the CRM exhaust, and need some different blinkers. If these fit around the Ducati alarm system, I'm all for it. I was waiting for someone to do this.

·
Registered
465 Posts
HA HA !!!!

so I bought some strip LED lights (waterproof good for automotive purposes) from superbrightleds website and made me an aluminum mount and sticky taped it inside the tail and wired it up parallel with a 20W x 16Ohm resistor to emulate the stock bulb and BOOM strip LED vent blinker light.. and later when I combine this with the integrated tail blinker LED tail light.. I think it will look even better! it's a home made looking jobby but it doesn't matter too much because only the light is visible. The tool kit had to go. I don't know if it is DOT approved by itself but it is visible from Behind,, not from the side. I am thinking of making a few extra to sell if people are interested but I will decide that later, . k I gotta go to bed now

Its not DOT approved because there is no such thing as any light mod that is but who cares, I like it! I would be interested.

·
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I'll go ahead and get a few more pair ready I will make another one in the next day or so and take a picture of it so you can decide what you think. and make improvements where suggested

·
Registered
295 Posts
well I'll go ahead and get a few more pair ready I will make another one in the next day or so and take a picture of it so you can decide what you think. and make improvements where suggested
Hey b... I see that you're in Little Rock! You think you have some free time this week where we could meet up and I can check it out, during lunch or something? I'm LOVING this idea!!! I'm interested too!!!

·
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey b... I see that you're in Little Rock! You think you have some free time this week where we could meet up and I can check it out, during lunch or something? I'm LOVING this idea!!! I'm interested too!!!

how does Bike night at hooters on thursday sound?, If it starts to look like it will rain we can try for Wednesday.

I actually built two versions of the aluminum mount bracket, the second (easier to make and better lighting results) are on the right (pictured); so I am going to rebuild the one on the left to make it like the second one.

·
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If there's any way you could get a hold of the factory connectors, that would be excellent. Just a thought.
I have thought of that. I cannibalized mine to make the connection but most people would not be willing to do that or if they are willing the connection may not be as clean without soldering. I will look to see what I can do though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts