Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
.... "not much point telling me I'm doing it wrong ... I don't care ... this is how I do it" ...

Best quote of the 5th video. In so many of these procedures there's usually more than one "right way" of doing things. I love Brad's attitude on that.

When I owned/operated my warranty/service/repair shop for fifteen years (7k ft/sq facility, eighteen employees), I used to tell newer techs that "there is usually a hundred right ways to do most things". They knew I wasn't being literal, and took that statement as the general philosophy it was meant to be.

Nice vids. Keep on keepin' on!

:)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great job Brad!

As always there are slight differences in style/methods but there are more similarities than differences. This should be stickied on the site somewhere.

Good to know I am not the only aging mechanic making due with failing eyesight in a small part world!
anything you do different?

i have a pair of +3 glasses i look at collets with. i have to hold them between (guessing) 100 and 110mm from my face for the focal length to allow me to see anything :grin2:, but they really help. i remember nick at valley desmo had "safety glasses" (you know the typical look) in generic prescription style, never seen that out here.

when i first started wearing glasses i had trouble picking the tools at sight on the bench, because they were suddenly all bigger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts