Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My take on Nicky is that he's out of the Ducati MotoGP team (some what confrimed today with rossi's comments on Superbikeplanet.com) but I'm thinking he'll head up the factory efforts in WSBK. Full factory ride on the new 1199....thoughts?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Like Ive said before.. I totally love that idea. Hope he wins the wsbk title and sticks it to rossi who will come in 7th place while whining away on his GP13.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sounds like Checa isn't all that thrilled with the Panigale's handling, and with its lack of success in BSB I wouldn't count on it winning races right off the bat. It took BMW what, 3 years to win a race? Granted Ducati has been around the block a couple times, but if these guys are having problems with lack of feel Ducati might be in for a rough trip with this frameless bike of theirs..

·
Idiot Savant
1,187 Posts
I'm actually hoping that Nicky stays with the GP bike. He's certainly better on it than Rossi. I've seen very few instances this year when Rossi was ahead of him.

Caveat: But since I've missed the last two races (I have 'em DVR) so maybe that has changed but if Nicky is doing better than lordgodking Rossi why on earth would they downgrade him? Well, other than as mentioned above, Checa doesn't like the new bike.

Either way, Nicky should get a raise for punking Rossi. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nicky is faster than Rossi and you would think they would look at that but they don't Rossi sales more t-shirts just like lil E in nascar

·
Registered
374 Posts
I really like Hayden. It's always pissed me off he never got the full support from the team. But MotoGP is a business and like any business, people want to make money. Rossi is a sponsors dream. How much Rossi stuff do you think is sold, and how much of that money goes to Ducati. MotoGP is like F1, sometimes the best driver/rider doesn't get the job because he just doesn't have the money behind him. With that being said I hope where every Hayden ends up, he kicks ass and Rossi gets jealous.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I find it fascinating that since 2001, only four men have won all the MotoGP Championships. Ducati has employed three of the four, but only Stoner has actually been able to win on the Ducati. It was a real slap in the face for Ducati to see that Stoner was truly exceptional to win on their bike, especially now when even Rossi is struggling.

Getting rid of Nicky accomplishes nothing, and it will make Ducati look even worst if Nicky finds success again with a Honda or Yamaha satellite team.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It really amazes me how Rossi still gets all the attention even though he has done nothing for Ducati. Nicky tries hard every single time out and Rossi is there for the pay cheque.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hayden is consistently better on the bike than Rossi and yet he's comfortable in knowing he's the #2 guy for the factory effort....

AND nobody seem to give him any credit..

Personaly i'd love to see him put the GP12 on the podium in convincing fashion ( and ahead of Rossi ) before he goes to another mfgr ('Cuz I think that's whats in store for him... a non Ducati ride for next year)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Sounds like Checa isn't all that thrilled with the Panigale's handling, and with its lack of success in BSB I wouldn't count on it winning races right off the bat. It took BMW what, 3 years to win a race? Granted Ducati has been around the block a couple times, but if these guys are having problems with lack of feel Ducati might be in for a rough trip with this frameless bike of theirs..
It will be even harder since a good chunk of the former Ducati WSBK factory team is working for BMW and winning races.

If Nicky gets a Ducati in WSBK it will be under a private banner, probably Checa's current team.

No reliable word, or even semi-trusty rumors to support Hayden on an 1199 though, so it may be that Nicky sits on his hands next year, or goes the development rider for hire route. (Bayliss has quit that gig, so it's open for Nicky).

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Goooo Nicky!!!

He qualified 4th and 'Flossi' qualified 10th. Hahahahaha!

Better yet, Hector Barbera on Pramac Ducati showed up the Corse team by qualifying 3rd(!).

It's gonna be a good race:)

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
A lot of European woman like Hayden, I have a few friends in Europe one from Italy and one from Germany and they both adore him no matter where he places, so I don’t think its lack of popularity because the woman don’t like Rossi, so maybe it’s a Gay thing and that’s why men love Rossi… I like Rossi, Im not gay (and I have no problem with people that are :D), but he has a lot more charisma than Hayden. Hayden is sort of boring, and sometimes he sounds like he didn’t get past a 6th grade education in Kentucky.

As far as either rider on Ducati, neither one of them is doing worth a crap. Very disappointing as far as Rossi and yes, Rossi whines a heck of a lot, but Hayden is notorious for whining and complaining, not so much lately but with Honda?

Both of these riders are getting up there in years and probably should think about hanging up their leathers…

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wonder if they'll push him to PARMAC and support him as if he's a factory ride just under a different banner? I just can't see Ducati letting him go since the US is the only country thats producing revenue for Ducati at the moment hence my thought of WSBK

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,735 Posts
Marquez already has Stoners ride.

·
Idiot Savant
1,187 Posts
I can't imagine Hayden sitting on his hands. How many other past Moto GP world champions are still racing? (Nicky's was 2006 riding for Honda)

Stoner's retirement opens up more room at the top and reduces the current stable of ex world champs. Add to that the fact that Hayden has proved he can consistently beat Rossi and I think his mailbox is going to be full of offers if Ducati lets him walk.

Any team that would pass up giving him any available slot that they have is absolutely goofy.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Add to that the fact that Hayden has proved he can consistently beat Rossi and I think his mailbox is going to be full of offers if Ducati lets him walk.
Yeah, well he ain't gona ride for Repsol Honda or Yamaha factory and Tech 3 has other plans, so it's not like there's too many options to choose from. The grid desperately needs more MotoGP bikes with factory support, so that there is greater competition and that the likes of Hayden etc won't have to quit cos there is no bikes to ride(CRT is crap and no decent rider should go with them).

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hayden is notorious for whining and complaining, not so much lately but with Honda?
I dont think Hayden has ever been considered a whiner, by anyone really. Even at Honda, I believe they were devoting their time/energy on Pedrosa. Hayden has by all accounts been nothing but a great employee and PR hit for the Ducati team.

Add to that the fact that Hayden has proved he can consistently beat Rossi and I think his mailbox is going to be full of offers if Ducati lets him walk.

Any team that would pass up giving him any available slot that they have is absolutely goofy.
It sounds like nobody has been requesting his services so far. Teams are now all about finding the next young talent, leaving the older riders to pick up the scraps.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts