Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from my dealer and the crate arrived today. They also got in the Termignonis so they are going to mount them up and I'll pick her up tomorrow. I am sooooooooo pumped!!!:yeah:

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
Awesome! Congrats to you too!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Beauty and the Beast.

Congrats,Dude.

You have just bought the best road bike on the planet.........:rolleyes:

Take Care,it's a powerfull beast:eek:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Picked up my gt today had the termi kit put on. Got to looking at the street fighters.....................Very cool looking bike's. Your going to have a blast.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Got a call from my dealer and the crate arrived today. They also got in the Termignonis so they are going to mount them up and I'll pick her up tomorrow. I am sooooooooo pumped!!!:yeah:
Ok now I'm mad! I'm happy for you (kind of) but Im going crazy! Talk about a balked release by Ducati. For some of you not such a big deal but I sold my bikes for this one. Got a new helmet and leathers but no bike! Ugh. What's that proverb about patience????

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
pissed at ducati

apparently their priority crap is just that.. crap. My dealer got another bike in today (the first bike they got was a black S like I ordered but it was a demo) and would you like to know what my dealer got today? .. a base model.. man! talk about a messed up system. they've had my money for months now so you think they could have spent it getting the S models out like they said they would.

·
1,642 Posts
oh.. that base model they got in today .. yea that's yours.. psssh.. Happy for you but not so happy for myself.. congrats! though

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ok now I'm mad! I'm happy for you (kind of) but Im going crazy! Talk about a balked release by Ducati. For some of you not such a big deal but I sold my bikes for this one. Got a new helmet and leathers but no bike! Ugh. What's that proverb about patience????

There is a dealership here in Co that suppose to receive 5 SFs (an S is sitting on the floor) and I was told they have no deposits on them and eager to move at least couple. I don't think this is too big of a deal to have them ship it.

PS.
But then again, if there are recalls starting to come in why rush it?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just got home with my black S. I'm sure I'll be back at the shop real soon. Weather is great and I'll rack up the first service miles real quick.:)

·
Registered
970 Posts
There is a dealership here in Co that suppose to receive 5 SFs (an S is sitting on the floor) and I was told they have no deposits on them and eager to move at least couple. I don't think this is too big of a deal to have them ship it.

PS.
But then again, if there are recalls starting to come in why rush it?
not true......they may have ordered 5 but they most likely won't see any until Ducati manages to fill the priority orders first.
As far as base models arriving go, thank God Ducati has managed to get some of these out to meet some demand.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
apparently their priority crap is just that.. crap. My dealer got another bike in today (the first bike they got was a black S like I ordered but it was a demo) and would you like to know what my dealer got today? .. a base model.. man! talk about a messed up system. they've had my money for months now so you think they could have spent it getting the S models out like they said they would.
Glenn was surprised to get my bike in today as he was expecting another black and a red S models and got two red bases he told me. So I don't think he's giving you any lines. He thought my bike would take maybe a month so evidently Ducati is sending out without any rhyme or reason.

Thanks for the congrats and I hope you get yours really soon.

·
Registered
395 Posts
not true......they may have ordered 5 but they most likely won't see any until Ducati manages to fill the priority orders first.
As far as base models arriving go, thank God Ducati has managed to get some of these out to meet some demand.
What is not true? They are going to receive bikes at some point this summer....or they are not moving them?

I don't think I implied they are getting all 5 bikes this upcoming week.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Perhaps Ducati is working off a master dealer list and sending out units that are ordered by each dealer as they arrive in country?

Chris

·
1,642 Posts
Glenn was surprised to get my bike in today as he was expecting another black and a red S models and got two red bases he told me. So I don't think he's giving you any lines. He thought my bike would take maybe a month so evidently Ducati is sending out without any rhyme or reason.

Thanks for the congrats and I hope you get yours really soon.
I saw your bike at the shop today with ther termignonis installed. they sound awesome. did you know that with the new ECU that comes with the pipes they mechanic unwires the O2 sensors? .. pretty cool!

anyway you got a beautiful bike!

·
Banned
344 Posts
Street fighters are gay!
:D Actually I just saw one yesterday for the first time and it was pretty cool. Felt pretty comfy when I sat on it. Congrats..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks blawrence. I didn't know they disconnected the O2 sensors, thought they recalibrated them. Cooooooool.

Here is a shot of Jacob installing the MPL pressure plate and the end result with the Termi's.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Thanks blawrence. I didn't know they disconnected the O2 sensors, thought they recalibrated them. Cooooooool.

Here is a shot of Jacob installing the MPL pressure plate and the end result with the Termi's.

speed,
change your sig line, your SF's no longer on order!! ;)

Chris

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts