Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still working on this thing. Still up about it, but there are lots of details, pitfalls, redos. Big smiles to, as it comes together out of my minds eye. Pretty much what I had envisioned 5 months ago, although a bit much more effort in some aspects. Other parts just fell together.
Lots of experiments along the way, too. A couple of soft bags, will make it a long haul super ride.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Looks great Dan, great imagination! Dunlop & Ducati? Colours are great, love the the red frame, black belt covers, and most of all the clutch cover/ p/plate.

Awesome,

Well done

Craig

·
Registered
150 Posts
Black with the red frame is the best Ducati look out there. Nice job. I like the swing arm, too, and the unique two into one exhaust. I think you should post an audio clip of that exhaust!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Great looking bike

Bike looks great. I note you removed the passenger pegs, any plans to put on a different single cockpit seat? Might be a nice way to finish it off.

Randy

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Looks great!

Hey, from the photos, it looks like your chain is way too tight. Should be some visible droop in there...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I am impressed with the progress every time you post an update. there is nothing that I dislike about the project..Great work...sort of motivates me to start a project myself.

·
Registered
147 Posts
2 sweet

One of a bloody kind..very tasteful and well executed.And with all that a daily rider ans not a trailer Queen.My compliments.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the good words, it is nice to have others appreciate that which one sees as good. The photos don't really do it justice, much more impressive in the iron and plastic. And the back ground is way to cluttered, once on the road for real better photos will follow.
I will be at Lake George and Laconia with it. Suggestions on best roads will be appreciated also. See you out there.
The chain is at 25mm slack, optical play from curved swingarm and bike on tires.

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Battery?

Hi Dan,

Where did you relocate the battery? Under the seat is the obvious place but give us a photo if you can.

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Air/battery box

Major[for me] fabrication mod. It is kind of a frankenstien thing. I think I started with a 900 box I got, it looked like the intake tubes would line up[they did]. I had to make room for the 916 water bottle[some frame mod]:eek:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts