Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight, I have finally had some time to set up my PC to receive video ... so after a little bit of experimenting, I came up with a very squidly little 2 minute test video :D ... please let me know how the quality came out, sound, and especially download time! After a little more trial and error, hopefully I'll get to post a little more meaningful stuff in the future, especially track stuff.

Turn up your sound and Click HERE.

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Looks good.

Quality is good videowise. The cameras pointing is EXCELLENT! Most people have the too far down and not positioned from the rider point of view.

Sound was good in the first part, but not good enough with the wind. You might want to get an external mic. and tape plastic around it to keep the windnoise down. Volume on the sound was just right. Better to have it low then having the speakers blow out.

All in all.. I´d give it an 8 out of 10.
Points subtracted because of
*windnoise in audio
*Only one videochannel. I´d like to have three.. one from the helmet, one from the fairing facing forward (so you can see the front suspension working) and one tank cam to see speedo and rpm´s. (this minus isn´t really applicable is it..)

All in all.. VERY nice job. So.. when will the full lenght movie come out?

//amullo

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Amullo --- so if I wrap the mic with tape I can reduce wind noise? I'm really trying to capture the sound, just because the sound at the high revs from on-board is like candy for the ears!

I will also have some steady video from the cam on the bike, although non from the tank as my windscreen is dark, and I have no mount for that (yet).

Also... how was your download time from out there?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I agree with everything Amullo said...and download time was quick for me with my cable modem...the 3.8 megs downloaded in like 2-3 seconds

·
Registered
610 Posts
cool, was that costa mesa or orange? I look foward to some ortega or some laguna pch! show them what we got!
keep up the good work . Bring it to the masses. :cool:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Good short video. Please increase the speed of the bike to about 100mph and Take 2. Also, if you could lean the bike to max lean, it would be good.
:)
It was a quick download. Nice shifting.
Send more.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The soundtrack is Classic!! 'Voodoo Ray' by A Guy Called Gerald -freakin' fantastic!

The sounds of the bike are awesome when done selectively in moto vids, after a while it can beat you up if it's too loud. Balance the soundtrack with the outside sounds.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks ALL for the nice comments... a little bit of inspiration for me to put together some videos...

waltman said:
Include the bloopers too :D
Did you say Blooper? Turn up the sound and CLICK HERE ... look familiar??! :p

erinpaul said:
The soundtrack is Classic!! 'Voodoo Ray' by A Guy Called Gerald -freakin' fantastic!
I think only 1 in a million people could name that song :D It's hard to believe it's almost 20 years old!

StavesacredarK said:
cool, was that costa mesa or orange?
That's the end of Santiago Canyon Road, right when it becomes El Toro.

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
Nice job. I agree to find a way to decrease the wind noise. I would put the mic up the exhaust like a sniffer.....Smooth video, and quick download..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought it was very nice. Except, maybe add a shot from a helicopter and special effects like explosions and lasers.

·
Registered
266 Posts
A+

I agree with Watermellon and maybe some slowmo matrix type stuff. :D

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
squid said:
I agree with Watermellon and maybe some slowmo matrix type stuff. :D
What is this, you give people your little pinky, and next thing you know, they want your whole arm!

Don't make me make this a pay-per-view event! :D ( yes I know nobody will pay for my squidness anyway! :p )

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Download time in Sweden was fine. (But I´m running a 10 mbit line @ home.)

One thing to think about is to use som pop-up info. And as the others say.. balance music with enginenoise. Increase music when "touring" and increase enginesound when getting on it or during enginebraking.

Something that is VERY cool is putting the microphone under the seat or in the airbox, but you really need to muffle it bigtime to be able to do the airbox thing. Under the seat, wrapped in two socks with a plasticbag and som ductape works fine.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Migs, glad you posted this test. Have my son with me this weekend, and as I rent a studio I gave him the bed and I slept in one of the easy chairs. Really aggravated my right shoulder injury so I'm unable to ride for the next few days. The video sure takes the edge off though.

·
Registered
602 Posts
OK, I really liked it. Only problem is now I want more! My Duc still remains in winter storage and the sweet sound of your machine makes me want to ride soooooo bad I could scream. Keep those vids coming please. :D

Thomas

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good vid, fast DL, one question. How can you pull up to a red light and then pull away with out looking hard both ways first? I know I can't... blind sided once by little old lady who ran a light, and well, you know, GOT TO look..lol

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
amullo -- thanks man, I will try that out and hopefully have a favorable result. Socks sound like a great idea.

Leonard-- glad you liked it, hopefully I can post more. Look-up sfarson, he has some great vids here!

maypo59 -- the camera does not reflect the field of vision our eyes have... we can move our eyes left and right (and also see farther), and it will not be reflected by the camera. If you watch the video again, you can see the camera pan slightly left and right at least 4 times before and while crossing the intersection... that's me looking at both sides of traffic. That's a habit I've had for over 20 years now...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts