Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is for my 916

magnecor spark plug leads
samco radiator hoses
speedymoto steering head bearings
mid pipe front cylinder
corse oil cooler and c/f v piece
c/f kevlar solo tail & neoprene foam pad
led tail/indicator light
kevlar or s/s front brake lines
s/s clutch line
ncr ride height adjuster
ncr sprocket holder
c/f airbox and tubes
insulation tape for headers
newer model engine breather
bst wheels
cmc discs
ali dzues bolts
euro left hand switch block
crash knobs, under frame and wheels
mag swingarm
speedymoto half life clutch cover
ohlins steering damper
eti fuel cell racing, 24 litre
fuel tank foam
s/s radiator guards

if i didn't buy this bike i'd be alot closer to paying off my mortgage so i'm trying to resist the urge to get any or all of these :) i'm planning to go crazy once it is but not sure i can last another 2 years without getting at least some of them :)

so any unmissable specials or second hand bits too good to miss feel free to let me know

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
Is this for the track? Seems like a good list, but why the kevlar tail and less comfortable foam pad? And with a less comfortable seat, you want a bigger fuel tank so you can ride longer?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've just been adding nice things to the list and hadn't totalled it all up for a while, i guess i got caught up in the 916 & 1198 project threads.

if i drop the accronym parts from the list like bst, cf, eti, ncr & cmc i could buy another newer bike :) might make that a wish list incase i get a good lottery win.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this for the track? Seems like a good list, but why the kevlar tail and less comfortable foam pad? And with a less comfortable seat, you want a bigger fuel tank so you can ride longer?
this bike is for everything, track, trips, mountains and to and from work.

my focus is power to weight, weight bias and reliability, i bought the bike with a nicely setup 45/50 pipe and PCIII so i'm not inclined to mess with the engine setup and risk losing reliability so reducing weight is the way to get an improvement in power to weight and at the same time improve handling.

c/f kevlar race tail weighs around 600 grams, the standard solo tail and original tail lights is around 2500 grams.

my seat theory is based on taxi drivers using wooden beads and my years of riding a bicycle with really hard race seat. a good hard seat while uncomfortable when you first sit on it only makes contact at a couple of points allowing blood to flow everywhere else compared to a nice comfy gel seat say will cradle your ass completely and after a while restrict blood flow to the whole area. and now that i think about it the mille s2 came with a solid rubber seat which didn't deflect hardly at all when i sat on it and it was fine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Please email me again

I apologize, I rec'd a message from DucatiMS that you had attempted to pm/email me but my mailbox was full. Please email me at [email protected] with any questions that you may have.

thanks again

·
Registered
620 Posts
For sure! Most things made by NCR are truly beautiful.

I visited NCR and Poggipolini a week ago and let me tell you; I was very impressed with their production facilities and quality assurance routines.

And the bikes, of course...

Come to think of it; I was impressed by everyting, actually :D

So much so, I had to buy a ride height adjuster in 100% Ti. Veeery niiiice, I assure you :)

I wish I could have brought the Macchia Nera with me back home instead of the ride height adjuster, though...

Oh well, I was allowed to sit on it and that's a start :D
That NCR sprocket holder is a beautiful piece of milled billet . . .

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
my focus is power to weight... Reliability
A 916 is probably not the right bike to attempt that task. I tried it, with a pretty hefty budget, armed with a 748R motor... failed miserably. :(

Thats one reason why I bought a 749R and an 848, both VERY reliable machines. The 749R/999R/1098R have the best power to liter ratio of any other street Ducati's made.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
620 Posts
I see what you mean, Tye, but I don't think Paul is trying to get the most powerful Ducati ever. He is merely trying to improve the power/weight ratio of his 916 without bumping the engine power.

That means he has to reduce the weight of the bike and a lightweight 916 is not a bad bike even if there may be other Ducatis outperforming it.
A 916 is probably not the right bike to attempt that task. I tried it, with a pretty hefty budget, armed with a 748R motor... failed miserably. :(

Thats one reason why I bought a 749R and an 848, both VERY reliable machines. The 749R/999R/1098R have the best power to liter ratio of any other street Ducati's made.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
That NCR sprocket holder is a beautiful piece of milled billet . . .

ooh yeh, i've come close to buying that so many times but i have to focus on the practical/ reliability stuff first :( maybe a loved one will read this and buy it for me for my birthday :)

For sure! Most things made by NCR are truly beautiful.

I visited NCR and Poggipolini a week ago and let me tell you; I was very impressed with their production facilities and quality assurance routines.

And the bikes, of course...

Come to think of it; I was impressed by everyting, actually :D

So much so, I had to buy a ride height adjuster in 100% Ti. Veeery niiiice, I assure you :)

I wish I could have brought the Macchia Nera with me back home instead of the ride height adjuster, though...

Oh well, I was allowed to sit on it and that's a start :D
molasses it sounds like you did well to get out of there with only one piece, i hadn't even thought of visiting the factory, was it easy to do? i'd love to see some photos, i can't recall you posting of the ride height adjuster although i may well have missed them?

for sure NCR are extreme, i'm surprised they're even still around, they must do some good business with race teams, i remember when i had my first duc they seemed to be the only ones around making nice stuff for ducs, long before the web of course, i'm sure there had to be others.

i'm right onto the Poggipolini ali screws, feeling pretty lucky with those, there's a ferarri dealer over here happy to sell me a handfull at a time. 7 series ali with formed threads really nice stuff.

have to agree on their bikes as well, absurd power to weight numbers

i was really lucky with this bike, the original owner i think, spent some money on this thing and got the ncr pegs and ncr silmotor half system so i feel ablidged to keep the theme going.

i've no doubt you're right tye but i'm fixated on my 916 at the moment, i'm pretty jealous of the owners of 1098r and 1198's and the performance for sure, in hindsight i could have held off buying for a while and bought a second hand 1098 by now but i've wanted a 916 for so long.

I see what you mean, Tye, but I don't think Paul is trying to get the most powerful Ducati ever. He is merely trying to improve the power/weight ratio of his 916 without bumping the engine power.

That means he has to reduce the weight of the bike and a lightweight 916 is not a bad bike even if there may be other Ducatis outperforming it.
not sure i believe this but the bike came with a dyno run at 115 rwhp which i find a little hard to believe given what people are getting from higher spec 916's but i'm happy to imagine it's a freak or there's been more work done that i didn't get reciepts for, either way it certainly feels like it's making at least that to ride it. for sure i'm 10 years behind the latest technology but i don't mind, i've coverted the 916 since it's inception, xx9 series is probably the next duc so it may well be 10 years before i manage to get an 1198, no rush, they're certainly worth the wait.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts