Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
For comfortable long rides, just wear a pair of padded bicycle shorts under your leathers.
Even better is to wear Moto Skiveez. They follow the same principle as bike shorts, but adapt the concept for motorcycling by moving the seams out from under the thighs and changing the location and shape of the padding to account for different riding positions.

That said, as much as I love the Moto Skiveez, they couldn't fix what I most hated about the stock seat which was the forward slope that caused me to constantly slide into the tank.

·
Registered
152 Posts
For comfortable long rides, just wear a pair of padded bicycle shorts under your leathers.
I know that works, I just have a fundamental problem with a $20k bike that's advertised as a long distance bike having a seat that feels like a medieval torture device after an hour.
It's not like no one has ever made a comfortable motorcycle seat before.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I know that works, I just have a fundamental problem with a $20k bike that's advertised as a long distance bike having a seat that feels like a medieval torture device after an hour.
It's not like no one has ever made a comfortable motorcycle seat before.
Brilliant!

·
Registered
934 Posts
That's a heck of an idea. I've long used bike shorts under my leathers when I'm at the track, but I didn't realize there were padded shorts.

The best of both worlds: Keeps the 'team' up where they need to be and the cheeks are cushioned!!
It's actually the best of three worlds.
In lieu of your skivvies, you can actually look presentable with your leather trousers removed when visiting friends on a hot day.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts