Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I ve my 2013 PP already 2 months and 3000 km.What I realised that seat kills my ass:)
It is oem one and looks great but works terrible.I swithched from Bmw 1200 Gs and my ass hates to seat on PP now.
Any suggestion pls.But do not tell me to replace with surgean seat etc which I ve no budget for that:(

Thx in advance for all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also hated the stock seat, I bought a lightly damaged seat (tiny holes in cover) from ebay and sent it to Sargent Cycle to have the foam upgrade completed and I absolutely love the results.

I had a Sargent seat on my S1000R and loved it, so it was a no-brainer for me to go with them again for the Multi.

I'm not sure what you expect people to tell you that doesn't cost money. You can buy an airhawk pad or take it to a local upholstery shop and see if they can do anything to it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hardly touch to ground with my feet so if I will put extra foam to seat than I ll not be able to touch the ground.This option does not work for me.
May be, I ll have to spend some extra money and upgrade to a new seat by sargent:(

thx for all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I switched mine for a Ducati Diavel 1260. Which has a much better seat. Does that help?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
It's funny you say that because I almost bought a used 2015 diavel over the leftover 'new' 2016 multi S touring because of how comfortable I found it. The 3 year warranty the dealer would give me on the multi ended up being the decider :/

·
AARP Reject
2,921 Posts
I had a custom seat made on my stock pan and it's quite good. I also had one on my GS as the stock BMW seat didn't work for me much better than the Ducati seat did. But assuming you don't have a shop that can custom modify your seat on your stock pan you might see if you can get one of these from America. I suspect there will be a few European companies that can supply a seat as well. First and best, see if you can find a local guy that will tackle the job. If they know what they're doing they can custom carve/mold the seat to your specification.

Sargent Seats

Touratech (Germany) Seat

Ducati also makes a comfort seat for most Multi model years.

I think this one will fit your bike.

To me, the best solution is usually a custom saddle but one of the other possibilities might work. Unfortunately, comfort on a bike is very individual so it's hard to predict. What works for me might not for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In my 50+ years of riding I've gotten soft in the last 15 and demanded more comfort from my saddles. I've had numerous types/brands of bikes since then and can attest to the fact that no manufacturer can make a comfortable seat.

I've tried quite a few "custom" seat builders - it seems that there is always a favorite depending on the bike you are riding - to differing degrees of comfort. Most of the time seemingly very expensive for a small improvement (in my butt's opinion).

A maintained sheep skin works best for me. I judge street/touring seats by the miles my ass cheeks can take on a seat in a day. However I can ride on a stock seat I can usually do 200 to 300 more miles with the sheep skin (your mileage may vary). I keep it nice by occasionally brushing with a wire type dog brush. I get mine from Alaska Leathers (https://alaskaleather.com/) she makes them for specific motorcycles and I've never had a problem with them. However, I'm sure they are available from many other sources.

PS - not so hot on dirt bikes though! (I tried)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are the MS 1200 and 1260 saddles interchangeable? There aren't many 1260 saddles on ebay, but lots of them are available for the 1200.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You could always replace the internal foam with memory foam yourself and reduce the height of the seat at the same time. That's what I'd do, if the seat was uncomfortable. I find mine is fine and have done 12 hour days on my bike.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I found the Ducati Comfort Seat works better than the stock one, and it seems narrower at the tank which allows for less of a stretch to Mother Earth when stopped. You might be able to find a good used for a decent price now that a few years have past.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts