Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My riding buddy Tom was T-boned by a cager three weeks ago while riding his just finished and perfectly restored 1970 Triumph Bonnie. It broke his tibia, fibula and shoulder. Lots of titanium rods and screws now holding him together but unlike the Bonnie he's finally at home and is going to heal. Anyway he has now decided he wants to sell his 2008 S1K because he probably won't be able to ride for at least a year. It's black and has only 3400 miles on it. It has a Corbin seat (and the original too) and recent (2 years) tires but otherwise is 100% stock and pristine. It's never been dropped or ridden in the rain and stored in his warm basement during the winters. I helped him change the belts about the same time as he got the tires and he just had the tank Caswell coated by our own JC. If anyone is looking for a nice stock S1K this is it. It's located on the north side of Chicago and I can put you in contact with him if you are interested. It's a good one.

I have attached a not great photo (but the only one I have) of it with my S1K on a trip we took to the Driftless region of Wisconsin a couple of years ago.

Thanks.

Terry

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
My riding buddy Tom was T-boned by a cager three weeks ago while riding his just finished and perfectly restored 1970 Triumph Bonnie. It broke his tibia, fibula and shoulder. Lots of titanium rods and screws now holding him together but unlike the Bonnie he's finally at home and is going to heal. Anyway he has now decided he wants to sell his 2008 S1K because he probably won't be able to ride for at least a year. It's black and has only 3400 miles on it. It has a Corbin seat (and the original too) and recent (2 years) tires but otherwise is 100% stock and pristine. It's never been dropped or ridden in the rain and stored in his warm basement during the winters. I helped him change the belts about the same time as he got the tires and he just had the tank Caswell coated by our own JC. If anyone is looking for a nice stock S1K this is it. It's located on the north side of Chicago and I can put you in contact with him if you are interested. It's a good one.

I have attached a not great photo (but the only one I have) of it with my S1K on a trip we took to the Driftless region of Wisconsin a couple of years ago.

Thanks.

Terry

PM’d you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about your buddy. To be honest, all these recent tales of woe (NH, Dunne, this, my own minor crash months back, etc) haven't made me too excited to head out for a spirited ride on my bike lately.

Yeah, I know, it's a dangerous sport, what will happen will happen, etc, and I know I'll be back to flying fast soon, but right now I kind of got a pause going on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about your buddy. To be honest, all these recent tales of woe (NH, Dunne, this, my own minor crash months back, etc) haven't made me too excited to head out for a spirited ride on my bike lately.

Yeah, I know, it's a dangerous sport, what will happen will happen, etc, and I know I'll be back to flying fast soon, but right now I kind of got a pause going on.
I hear ya, last weekend I went on my first spirited ride since my last one maybe 1-2 years ago. And maybe only one track day in between. I think we’re just getting older fellas. Sad to say and I find myself more interested in tinkering and restoring bikes than I do riding on the street or commuting.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to bump this back up top. Tom just told me the first medical bills are coming in and so far he's up to $150K. Deadbeat cager is not paying and lawyers are now involved but who knows how long before he gets a payout. He still has the bike and really wants to sell. The local dealer offered him a really low wholesale price but he could really use the cash so I told him to wait a few days until I could re-post here. You won't find a cleaner low mileage and unmodified S1K anywhere. I just purchased a '96 900SS/SP last fall or I would buy it, but three Duc's is my (wife's...) limit. Contact me and I will put you in touch.

Thanks

Terry

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you posted this in the DRILL group in FaceBook?
Lots of Chicago riders there.
I'm not a Zuckerberg fan so I don't do Facebook. If you would point those DRILL guys at this post on .ms Tom would be appreciative I'm sure.
Thanks!

Just noticed your Avatar! Nice shot! Great road except on weekends when the HD's are out in force and going 20 under the posted limit.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Please tell me he has good insurance. This is why I wish the U.S had Medicare for all. When someone was in a situation like this it wouldn’t be up to lawyers and insurance companies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts