Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2002 ducati 998 and i notice today my rh front fork it's leaking .the forks are showa . is it some thing i could fix on my own ?? or i have to see the dealer ? please advice

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
If you have the correct tools to remove and re install a fork seal then yes, you can do it.

If you have to ask "which tools do I need", then Id rather suggest you see your dealer to sort it out for you. It is a relative straightforward job but it is a precise job requiring specific tools that the average mechanic do not have.

SF

·
Chilehead
6,985 Posts
The only special tool I needed was a RaceTech seal driver, and I'm not sure if I actually needed it but I bought one anyway when I rebuilt my Showas on my ST2 with RaceTech valves, no other special tools needed.

Tom

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
You are probably in for seal replacements, but you can take a shot by using a piece of camera film. Slide it under the mating surface, work it around the fork tube and see if you can improve the seal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts