Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Which Bike Should I Get Next?

• SF1098S

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • S4RS

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 1200R

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • MV Agusta Brutale

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 1299S

Votes: 4 33.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup.... First week in NYC and my 959 was stolen last night. Huge bummer but i'm choosing to look on the bright side. When the insurance settlement comes I can start to look for my next bike.

I've owned a 696, SF848 and 1100 Evo in the past. So I think i'm looking for something new to experience.

My current list so far:
-SF1098S
-S4RS
-1200R
-MV Agusta Brutale

Also considering just viewing this as a chance to just upgrade to a 1299S. I'm open to any suggestions! Cheers.

·
Registered
309 Posts
What do you want to do with this future bike? Ride around the city, track days?

Reactions: Rex Coil 7

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
A large chain, a padlock and a big viscious dog.
And a .40 cal and a concealed weapons permit, and about 400 hours of training/practice ... along with a concealed fixed blade 4 inch knife with a few hundred hours of edged weapons training and practice .. then your all set to go for NYC.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you want to do with this future bike? Ride around the city, track days?
I initially had bought the 959 to be able to do both. Most of my time is going to be spent riding around nyc, but I wouldn’t mind the option to track

·
Registered
421 Posts
SF1098S or Monster 1200R would be my suggestions. Probably the 1200R as it would be more amenable to the occasional track day IMO.

And a claymore, pistol , sword , remote detonator etc. etc. etc. Or maybe just some secure storage/garage space ?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Your in NY city--purchase some pile of shit that the assholes wont steal lol

Reactions: Rex Coil 7

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dang, tough crowd here. LOL

All joking aside, as a former resident of NYC, unless you have covered/indoor parking, motorcycles just get destroyed. Cars get destroyed for that matter but at least you can‘t tip a car over by bumping it as you try to wedge into the last parking spot for 6 blocks. The streets are terrible, cab/Uber drivers are insane and the sheer volume of people make moto riding less then enjoyable.

As someone mentioned above, if you don’t have covered and secure parking, and you have to have a bike, get a beater that you won’t be too upset about being knocked over on the regular. If you’ve got parking, get something a bit more upright so you can see over cars and you won’t be in agony as you slowly trverse the city streets. Ducati Monster and MV Brutale both sound like solid choices.

BTW, NYC is amazing!! Enjoy your time there.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,349 Posts
... the new MotoGP front brake assembly ... the recoil from that thing could probably make the bike go backwards ...
And the cool thing is that you not only get engine braking, but mini-gun braking as well. Cuts stopping distance almost in half!
LOL! Agreed gentlemen and not to mention that you could basically "eliminate" any of the pesky competition that had the balls to dare and try to pass you. :p

Your in NY city--purchase some pile of shit that the assholes wont steal lol
That's a harsh and sobering statement above but I'm with Renns on this Zoora,gotta remember where you are.

I know it's not what you want to hear but it's probably best to just get yourself an old mechanically sound Monster or something for now and rat it out so no one will bother it.
Set the lions share of that insurance money aside and wait until you move to somewhere quieter with secure parking before you buy something nicer.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Stosh --that monster in that pic --may be too nice for where he is lol

Reactions: stoshmonster

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,349 Posts
LOL. C'mon Renns,dammit I'm trying to be helpful here! Don't make me bust out my pic of a rusty old Kreidler. :D

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I would love to have an old Kreidler 50cc Van Veen race bike

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Maybe he should find an old Trabant

1 - 18 of 18 Posts