Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all! I'm very excited, as I purchased my new X Diavel S today! This will be my first Ducati. I traded in a 2015 Indian Scout but Still have my HD Sportster (It's for sale if you know anyone). I have owned two Beemers but I have to say this is the first bike that totally blew my mind. I had just made a deal on a 2016 Triumph Bonneville T120 Black when I notice the BMW R Nine T. My husband had been trying to get me to sit on the R Nine T but I thought it was too tall. I finally got on it and my feet were nearly flat on the floor. Yeah, I'm vertically challenged at 5'2" that's why I went to HD and Indian cruisers. They have very low seat heights. But I was never truly satisfied with them. I thought the Triumph would be my next bike until I sat on the R Nine T. I rode on the back as my husband did a test ride and thought maybe I would get this one instead. The next day my husband sent me a photo of the Diavel and said the seat height was only 30.1 inches. I fell in love with the styling and thought I'd go take a look. Later that day my husband ran into a group of riders parked at a Starbucks and one was on a Diavel. He rushed home to get me and we went back to Starbucks and they were still there. The owner of the Diavel let me sit on it and that was it....HOOKED!! Bye-bye Beemer and Triumph!! The next day my Harley loving girlfriend, rode with me and my husband to the Ducati dealer to check them out. I made up my mind then that I was not leaving without one. My girlfriend is very close to kicking the Harley habit as well. I'm having the foot pegs moved to the first position and adding reduced reach handlebars. I will pick it up on Saturday. Hope to see some of you around the Indy area.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
First time I put my short butt in a diavel seat I was shocked how well it fit me, my sporty and 999 may get the boot in near future if I find right deal.
Enjoy the new ride and take some time getting used to the power as even the indian is not close in power output.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First time I put my short butt in a diavel seat I was shocked how well it fit me, my sporty and 999 may get the boot in near future if I find right deal.
Enjoy the new ride and take some time getting used to the power as even the indian is not close in power output.
TY...I got rid of my Sportster also! But you are so right, neither is even close to the Diavel as far as power is concerned.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
I'm having the foot pegs moved to the first position and adding reduced reach handlebars. I will pick it up on Saturday. Hope to see some of you around the Indy area.
Hey Kim if you ever get to post some pics I'd love to see the re-positioned foot pegs as that is the only thing about the X that gave me pause was the forward controls, lol. (used to have a softail with them and boy that was a stretch) I have ridden a '13 chromo and like I said everythin fit like a glove.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will as soon as I get a warm and sunny day to show off my new Termi exhaust!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Kimmie< I'd be grateful for a photo of your bars. Ideally from above. I'm wondering if they are the same bars they made for the regular Diavel touring model. Those pulled back but also pointed back too far for me. My wrists had to sort of rotate outward to hold the grips vs. the natural position of my wrists. I'd be interested in a photo of you on the bike from the side, to see how that rearmost footpeg position looks. As far as I know they still haven't releases the accessory foot peg kit that was supposed to allow you to move them back to a more central position. It was announced in all their original marketing literature, but appears to be vaporware now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seems like I hear of someone switching from BMW to Duc all the time. You made the right move - welcome to the club!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts