Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obamanomics is forcing me to do stuff like this! Found this '93 900SS last night on Ebay and it looked very nice, and close by (Dallas).

I send the owner (great guy) an e-mail and he says he can deliver asap if I want it. The rest is history!

So it's a 2-owner '93 900SS w/ 15k, and just pristine with the exception of a small scratch on the left fairing. Recently got a full service, new clutch, brakes, tires, and 41mm FCR Keihin's! Every receipt from new, including the first bill of sale and all the brochures! All the original parts too.

I love my FE (which I will never sell), but Ducati's should be RED! I'm thrilled and can't wait for my first real ride!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Congrats!

Congratulations Josephvman! That's a beautiful example you just bought! I was checking it out on E-Bay before you purchase it! It is a great year, with some very attractive upgrades for the asking price! Once again, congrats! and I love the rear of that prancing 308?

Vickon:abduct:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nice call on this '93 SS Vman. Now is the time to pick up good deals on clean original examples...as far as a hedge, you never know. Certainly has been the case with the bevel drive ducs.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The rear torque arm is a thing I know about but can't quite explain. It's easy to see how it works when you sit on a bike with one and get the suspension to compress. Sort of allows the caliper to move a bit as the suspension works and may reduce the chance of the rear locking over bumps etc.

The 900SS got a mix of rear brakes. SL had the torque rod, mine is fixed to the swingarm above and other are fixed below. There are also red (early) and black (late) mirrors, alloy and black foot pegs and brackets, and all black and all alloy engines and a combination of the two.

But they are great. I am the third owner of my 93 and the only one to have bought goodies for it and got the original purchase receipts. New braketech Axis front floaters are on my next to do list. Original swiss cheese discs are at the lower end of spec now.

·
Registered
938 Posts
whats with that rear brake tortion bar, some seem to have them , some dont ???
SL, SP and FE have the floating rear brake set up (underslung caliper with torque bar).

SS, and CR have the brake caliper mounted above the axle and pinned to the swingarm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts