Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very happy! Going to slap a touring seat on it though as I truly understand what everyone calls "Monster Balls" now.

Plus it was the first sunny day in Jersey in a while!

Question for M1100 Owners: I wanted to ask, do you get wrist pain in your right hand? I've owned two bikes before this and never had this problem? Is it because the reach is too far or the bars are bent funny?

Also, has anyone purchased the lower seat? Does it stop monster balls while giving you more seat height?

Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.

To answer your questions, I don't experience pain in either wrist - but then again I have yet to experience the "monster balls" phenomenon that seems to affect everyone else. From what I've heard, the touring seat addresses your concerns to a point, but doesn't cure the problem completely. A few guys have had success by cutting the seat foam themselves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a m1100 and do experience right wrist soreness after long rides. i think the stock grips are at fault. the grip on them isn't that great and they're very hard, so you're getting a lot of vibration transfer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
She's a Beaut! Congrats!

Pick up a set of ProGrips....worked wonders on my bike...and I have vibrations all over!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I too don't experience monster balls and found that how you are situated within your underwear.........lol. No sore wrists either but the farthest I rode in one sitting is maybe 200 km.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yup, sore wrist here too. In fact I went for a 300km ride on Sat and until today I still have a slight tender wrist! I am only an occasional rider though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice! Just gotta get rid of that gigantic tail now.
That is what all my motorcycle friends that see it say, everyone else just says "nice bike". I guess it's one of those things where if you don't know about it you wouldn't think about it :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
You might want to open that clutch up too. Mostly aesthetic, but it looks insane, I recommend looking at the speedymoto stuff.

Congrats on the new bike!! The shiny black looks crazy!

·
Registered
312 Posts
p.s. the touring seat flattens out the seat area, and now I can ride all day with no "monster balls." The foam inside it is MONEY!

·
Registered
312 Posts
where did you find that mono? It for the 696/1100 I assume?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This monoposto carbon seat might help and look really cool.

Do you know the price? Also does the plastic come off the back? I'm getting the touring seat also for my partner for pillon riding.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you know the price? Also does the plastic come off the back? I'm getting the touring seat also for my partner for pillon riding.
£500 in the UK.Not sure if the cowl comes off or not,would have thought as its called monoposto then may be not,not a big problem though as the whole seat swaps back in less than a minute anyway.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts