Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my SFS today, I just have to say.... What an awesome bike!!!!!
The torque is amazing and the Termis are outright intoxicating! I didn't get a chance to put many miles on today since it was raining but plan to head out tomorrow for a bit of a jaunt. Can't effin wait, probably won't even sleep tonight. Removed the mirrors and added a CRG. Next will have to be the rear sets, very dangerous when wet also need to clean up the tail. And add radiator guards.

Attachments

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,232 Posts
Congrats! All I did was add the CRG's. I want to settle in before applying bags of money. Hope you get out in good weather!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Was able to get out today and put on 150 miles. Super fun in the canyons, going to be even better once I get more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Flat spot

Do you have any flat spots around 3500 rpm's with the pipes?

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Luckily no. How long do you have to wait?
Lucky you

It's a big pile of BS if you ask me. Last email from DNA to the dealer was like-
The recall will be handled in the order it was received and we will advise-

Nice going DNA.

It's been only near 3 weeks now...........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on the new SF, I drove one Saturday and fell in love with it. I am currently contemplating trading my 748. I have never bought a new bike and am wondering what wiggle room there is on these price wise. I understand if you don’t want to post but if anyone can PM me I would appreciate the help.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
currently I don't think there will be any wriggle room. Maybe next year there will be, but the bike is still too new for dealers to decide to take less.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have any flat spots around 3500 rpm's with the pipes?
I have not felt any flat spots so I'm guessing the combo of pipes and tuning took care of it. But to be fair, I never rode it without the Termis.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lucky you

It's a big pile of BS if you ask me. Last email from DNA to the dealer was like-
The recall will be handled in the order it was received and we will advise-

Nice going DNA.

It's been only near 3 weeks now...........
Damn! I feel for you. Did you look at the forks? How bad is it?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on the new SF, I drove one Saturday and fell in love with it. I am currently contemplating trading my 748. I have never bought a new bike and am wondering what wiggle room there is on these price wise. I understand if you don’t want to post but if anyone can PM me I would appreciate the help.
Like Blawrence said. Take the price, taxes and add the Termis :eek:

·
1,642 Posts
they may also add the 'freight and set up.. and papers'.. all another 800 ish.. or was it 700? .. who counts when you pay that much?

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for the advice, quick question on the termis... when i rode the bike i noticed it was fairly quiet compared to my 748 with arrow's. makes sense right... will the termins be as loud? I kind of like the quiet.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the advice, quick question on the termis... when i rode the bike i noticed it was fairly quiet compared to my 748 with arrow's. makes sense right... will the termins be as loud? I kind of like the quiet.
It's pretty damn loud! Louder than my 748 with a full FBF system. I'm sure it's not legal.

·
1,642 Posts
the termi's will be similarly loud to arrows. however they do sound a little different. I can't tell what it is but it's different.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok, I definitely have a something going on between 3500 - 4000

:confused:
You guys should check out this thread.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=67344

It is pretty common with Ducatis that run a closed loop O2 sensor to have this flat spot. My S4R had the exact same problem and the bike was really irritating to run under 4000 RPM's until I added a Fatduc O2 manipulator. It is a decent fix for a very small investment.

Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats bro. They are a tuff looking bike.:mad:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts