Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vinyl non-skid black on the top, Ostrich red on the side, Carbon Fiber on the bottom lip...Red Stitching...1" foam...

Attachments

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
nice... where does one have something like this done? I would like to make mine look like the Pramac ducati hyper... where the rear flows in with the bodywork

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
323 Posts
Is there any added comfort value to that seat? Or is it simply for looks?
How does it attach on the bottom of the seat? Can you show us pics of the bottom?

If just a simple seat cover, I'd be worried about it moving around during 'spirited' riding...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any added comfort value to that seat? Or is it simply for looks?
How does it attach on the bottom of the seat? Can you show us pics of the bottom?

If just a simple seat cover, I'd be worried about it moving around during 'spirited' riding...
No, not just a cover...replaced the oem cover...

Added 1" of foam...oem comes with almost no foam...staples...
Gel was extra $30, so didn't get it...also gel gets HOT...don't want the
boys to get roasted on a track day...

looks and comfort...

I had them add more foam to the front, so the boys don't get banged up too much...

Attachments

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
about 4 days...$88 total...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Cool, looking forward to see it on and how it feels while riding. Great sub in place of almost $400.00 for a Sargent. If it's all good I will be checking it out. The stock seat is a POS!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pics of the installed seat...sat on it..feels good...

...will go riding this weekend...I guess I'll find out if the 1" foam made any diff...I need to get better pics...in sun light...

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Not sure I understand...
Do they give you a whole new seat for $88? Or did they modify your existing seat and add to your specifications?

Doesn't look bad at all! Nice find!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure I understand...
Do they give you a whole new seat for $88? Or did they modify your existing seat and add to your specifications?

Doesn't look bad at all! Nice find!
I never used the OEM seat, been using the ducati performance seat...went to the LB motorcycle show, these people from HTMoto had great deals on these seats...They used my OEM Duc seat that comes with 848, they took off all the std foam and black cover. installed 1" foam and the new cover to my specs...they have many many options to choose from...was thinking about alligator skin for few mins at first...Just not the alligator skin type of person...Ostrich looked cool, not too flashy...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like it! I going to order one soon. Just cant decide on what color combo I want. What colors do you think would look good on the white 848
CF or they have black alligator...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CF sounds like a plan. Is there a non-exotic animal skin option? :D
List:
Camo Upholstery
Croc Upholstery
Ostrich Upholstery
Phoenix Upholstery (not sure what this is?)
Snake Upholstery
Vinyl Upholstery
Non-slip Upholstery
Metallic Upholstery
Carbon Fiber Upholstery (they have diff colors...White too...)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts