Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I'm now a super proud Ducati owner once again. 4 weeks or so ago I picked up my new Hypermotard 939 SP and I'm absolutely loving it!!

Here's a few videos of my bike. Unfortunately I melted one of my standard indicators (first video) before fitting my Competition werks tail tidy.

Out of interest, if anyone has any recommended mods for my bike then it would be great to hear!!

Cheers, and enjoy the vids...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi,

Have watched your clips and liked that pipe.
Talking about mods in my last 821 I wanted to change the rear sprocket not just for the number but also for looks it is the one thing I would change to my new 939 SP, I might not do it immediately but at some point yes. Would take a black one with red bolts and or pressure plate.
Other than that the mapping, but that I am waiting for street legal exhaust options so then I can get the mapping done most likely change the air filter to a Pipercross so the bike breathes as much as possible while being legally ok. Also to cure a little some of the slight jerkiness.

I will definitively install the heated grips, like it or not, these are very handy and since I ride my hyper also in Winter. Rear license plate for me is a no-go, I have some ideas again waiting for homologated parts and for sure LED's in the rear blinkers otherwise IMO the bike is incomplete now that we do have the front ones.

The fuel cap also not ok .... looking for options.

One thing I will not do is to put Touring tires. I had Michelin PR3 and yes, they served the purpose but at the same time inhibited the natural feel of the bike, I made no favours to its handling by putting these tires just because I would not trust other rubber or myself. Now that I know the hyper better and that we do have more competent options for grip, track and cold weather, I won't do that mistake anymore. So either B21's, M7 RR's... even the Pirelli's SC SP that we have as OEM will find its way once I'm done with the first set.

Have other mods in mind but, these are the ones I would say are my lessons learnt.

Reactions: stockysnail

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congrats on the new Hyper! I have to say that I actually prefer the stock exhaust sound over any of the high mount aftermarket cans, including the Termi.

To me the stock sound is a more throaty, heavier tone whereas, the aftermarket cans sound more braaap, pap, pap, pap, higher pitch sound, like a 2-cycle dirt bike, which I don't care for.

Anyway, enjoy your new toy!:smile2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the new Hyper! I have to say that I actually prefer the stock exhaust sound over any of the high mount aftermarket cans, including the Termi.

To me the stock sound is a more throaty, heavier tone whereas, the aftermarket cans sound more braaap, pap, pap, pap, higher pitch sound, like a 2-cycle dirt bike, which I don't care for.

Anyway, enjoy your new toy!:smile2:
Many thanks - it's a great bike either way!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Have watched your clips and liked that pipe.
Talking about mods in my last 821 I wanted to change the rear sprocket not just for the number but also for looks it is the one thing I would change to my new 939 SP, I might not do it immediately but at some point yes. Would take a black one with red bolts and or pressure plate.
Other than that the mapping, but that I am waiting for street legal exhaust options so then I can get the mapping done most likely change the air filter to a Pipercross so the bike breathes as much as possible while being legally ok. Also to cure a little some of the slight jerkiness.

I will definitively install the heated grips, like it or not, these are very handy and since I ride my hyper also in Winter. Rear license plate for me is a no-go, I have some ideas again waiting for homologated parts and for sure LED's in the rear blinkers otherwise IMO the bike is incomplete now that we do have the front ones.

The fuel cap also not ok .... looking for options.

One thing I will not do is to put Touring tires. I had Michelin PR3 and yes, they served the purpose but at the same time inhibited the natural feel of the bike, I made no favours to its handling by putting these tires just because I would not trust other rubber or myself. Now that I know the hyper better and that we do have more competent options for grip, track and cold weather, I won't do that mistake anymore. So either B21's, M7 RR's... even the Pirelli's SC SP that we have as OEM will find its way once I'm done with the first set.

Have other mods in mind but, these are the ones I would say are my lessons learnt.
Thanks for taking the time to comment, much appreciated. I definitely think an air filter, and subsequently a re-map, are my next mods for this bike.

Cheers,
Paul

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
985 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Today I went for a ride with my mate in his Monster 1200 R. Remember the comment about the exhaust valve closing at 50 km/h on third? I could validate this with my friend, not only this, his bike ALSO does the same! So it must be one of those euro 4 measures, well funny way of doing it. Good so it is qu¡et on city riding, or so.

The Monster 1200R exhaust is even quieter than ours! It is compliant yes, but also a disgrace! And there are no homologated options yet so imagine the frustration of my friend who said that even my 939SP with the OEM can sounds better than his :)

I am asking all exhaust manufacturers and Nothing. Even Termi told me in a few words, that Ducati hasn't asked them to develop an homologated model yet! SC Project not yet, QD they are working on other exhaust before hyper. Akrapovic nothing yet. :(

The best thing about this 939SP is the Swedish addition, yes, the suspension is fantastic! I did black forest and other local mountain roads and it felt very good. Initially standard setting is a bit firm then I set down 3 clicks compression and rebound. The bike grips and turns great, lots of feedback even better, on bumpy curves you don't lose your line, didn't had any lateral movement nothing. Well planted with great feel. Can't ask for more. Adjustments are quite easy.

As much as I can I won't buy any bike without adjustable suspension. Such is the difference.

Reactions: Dr freedom

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nothing pisses me off more than exhaust flaps. Its the same as buying a V8 with a sound proofed cabin, when in reality half the fun is hearing the the beefy sounds a V8 makes.
There are those models of V8 Mercedes & Holden that now have a sound bite in the cabin via the audio system which is a placebo fix because they have reduced the actual sound output it makes to meet the stupid Euro emissions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My new SP in factory setting is really stiff. I don't know if it needs to break in. I can actually get on the bike and there is no sag in the forks. If I force it it will compress but barely. I'm not a lightweight either at over 200lbs. I will be dialing out some compression and rebound but I think I need to let up on the preload as well. The rear feels fine. It's just the front that is really stiff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts