Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Does anyone knows, if it’s possible swap the engine on Monster 796 –> 1098? Specially, with fixing it on frame...? Not interested in discussion of reasonably, just if it’s possible....

Thank you for any info and reply

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does anyone knows, if it’s possible swap the engine on Monster 796 –> 1098? Specially, with fixing it on frame...? Not interested in discussion of reasonably, just if it’s possible....

Thank you for any info and reply
Yes with money and a lot of manual skills it's possibile. This is an example of a work made by an italian guy, I don't know if he is also on this forum but he writes on italian forums with the nickname "Il Rosc". For me one of the best special ever realised.

There are many issues, for example, the frame of the air intake manifold typical of testastretta's engine, the radiator install, the space for the vertical cylinder head and so on.

You should modify the front frame and the rear one as well. A lot of work! But the result is simply stunning IMHO.

Congrats for the bike, I like your mods!

Attachments

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Yes with money and a lot of manual skills it's possibile. This is an example of a work made by an italian guy, I don't know if he is also on this forum but he writes on italian forums with the nickname "Il Rosc". For me one of the best special ever realised.

There are many issues, for example, the frame of the air intake manifold typical of testastretta's engine, the radiator install, the space for the vertical cylinder head and so on.

You should modify the front frame and the rear one as well. A lot of work! But the result is simply stunning IMHO.

Congrats for the bike, I like your mods!
Thank you for your reply. It was just an idea, but I step off from that idea and project and stay with plan A.

Tnx

·
Registered
34 Posts
Another idea could be the engine swap with a 1100 motor, there are many of them on sale. The change would be basically plug & play, and you could choose between 1100 DS or 1100 evo, not only from a Monster donor also from Hypermotard.

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Season opening.....

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Bye AGV Gothic graphics, welcome custom Ducati Ventuno