Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Well, about 6 months ago, I bought a Ducati Monster 796 ABS. I am second user, but bike was in really mint condition with only 11.000km

The day I bought it

Cheers,
Yagi

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After changed the air filter for K&N. i opened today the air housing ( functionality before esthetic), and disconnect exhaust butterfly valve. It's more alive/agile in low RPM And it cAn be heard air filter.....next its a full exhaust, because it is the closed OEM

[/url][/IMG]

Functionality before esthetic
[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a little bit longer clip from ride to near Hill (+lake)! There was some dust and rocks on the road....! It's a non-music raw clip. Nice hear of air filter after customization. It's louder than OEM exhaust :)

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's too bad the new emissions standards are going to make these air cooled monsters go extinct. Sucks 'cause the air cooled 2 valves are extremely easy to work on.
Hope it won't happen... :surprise:

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's too bad the new emissions standards are going to make these air cooled monsters go extinct. Sucks 'cause the air cooled 2 valves are extremely easy to work on.
I'm right there with you. I really hate the complexity water cooling adds to what should be a simple, easily maintained motorcycle.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm right there with you. I really hate the complexity water cooling adds to what should be a simple, easily maintained motorcycle.
Seriously, the engine on my M800 is dead simple other than the electronics (luckily mine are pretty mint for it's age) but add in water cooling, ABS, and all other kinds of electronic assist and emissions stuff and I'd be stuck taking her to a dealer. Oh well, old air cooled bikes are cheap, plentiful, and easy to service.

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For me it doesn't play any role, because I do not any service my bike by myself. So air coolled or water.....! Only thing I would change on my M796 it is a dashboard from newer bikes....

·
Registered
157 Posts
For me it doesn't play any role, because I do not any service my bike by myself. So air coolled or water.....! Only thing I would change on my M796 it is a dashboard from newer bikes....
See...? I'm the opposite... I've tried to find a way to replace that crappy electronic dash with analog gauges. :grin2:

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's fine, that we all don't have the same directions and wishes what/how to change on our bikes. Me personally like the dash from M821/1200! The analog gauges on my opinion goes more with cafe racer style....

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally received a package 1 of 2! That one is from USA .....still waiting for second one to receive it from UK!
And now, the time for my exhaust project to be started...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cangrats on the new bike.

I just bought a 2014 Monster 796.
I am also second user and it had only 6.000 miles on it (now it has 8.000 miles).

Just ordered Brembo Break Pads, K&N Air and Oil Filters.
Waiting for them to arrive so I can complete maintenance.

Big plans on getting a full set of Termignoni but still not sure if it is necessary or not.

According to my opinion, these bikes are just like American Muscle Cars.
If you keep feeding it, it keeps producing power.

Any ideas on that set of Termignoni with the ECU and Filters etc.

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello friends,

Does anyone knows if the motor position and exhaust headers are the same on M796 and M1100?
If I copy the lines of M1100 exhaust (2in1) would be OK? I will do on my M796 the same way as M1100 has?
Looking forward to any information!

Regards,
Yagi

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

1 - 20 of 108 Posts