Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I got it and put it on the bike - took all day but got it sorted and I really like the way it looks. It sounds great. The Protune is next (I have it but I have no idea how to make it work). I put a temporary carbon heel guard on as they forgot to ship the correct one. I'll try to get better quality pictures when I can get the bike outside (snowing here)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
that looks trick!...

btw, what handlebar are you running?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Looks good. Very similiar to an exhaust setup a guy from California was making in limited production under the name Chain Reaction. He was making them for Triumph Speed Triples. Do you know if this is the same guy?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just went to their website - definately the same cans. The pipes are necessarily different.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Very nice man!

I like the look of your bar goodies too, I see you have new reservoirs and are those bar end mirrors and signals I see?

I am considering the bar end signals and maybe mirrors this winter... got a few things to do on it while it is crappy out.

How did you route the wiring for the signals? I was thinking through the bar but not sure about drilling any holes near the middle?

Hope you get a nice chinook soon and get out for a blast!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chinook today! will be out testing it. The bar ends are Oberon signals. I drilled holes between the brake levers and the switch pod on each bar end. It's not that difficult and works really well. I put LED signals in the rear tail vents so I could get rid of the bulky original signals. I mounted the reservoirs behind the bars so I could use the flipped brake clamps as the mounts - this way there are no open holes left over - just seemed cleaner

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
The Albertan leos let you mod your licence plate like that??? Looks great! Would your plate have fit without trimming?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been stopped by the cops in 2 Canadian provinces (Alberta and BC - got a speeding ticket in BC but no plate comment) and 2 American states and never even been asked about it - I guess it's because all the relevant info is still there. I modified the Motowheels pipe mounts and it would not fit without being cut (I actually cut it 3 years ago)

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
So you admit to being able to travel through time!? I knew it!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
cool... ride first then maybe sit and watch the Grey cup.... sounds like a nice day! I will get those signals done like you did, I am not too keen on drilling anywhere there may be a loading issue so, where you did seems to be right for me as well.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had a hard time drilling through the bars - they can't be stanbdard aluminum. In other words, I wouldn't worry about drilling a 1/4" hole and screwing the bar integrity

·
Registered
358 Posts
I mounted the reservoirs behind the bars so I could use the flipped brake clamps as the mounts - this way there are no open holes left over - just seemed cleaner
I flipped the brake clamps too when I went with my CRG LS's. Does look cleaner without the open holes exposed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks good. Very similiar to an exhaust setup a guy from California was making in limited production under the name Chain Reaction. He was making them for Triumph Speed Triples. Do you know if this is the same guy?
Same guy. His name is Bob. He lives in Reno now. Nice guy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts