Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after an almost 20 year wait I have my very own monster.

It's a 2000S ie model imported to Australia from Japan. Picked it up with just under 15,500km (9,600 miles) on the clock. Test ride in the wet gave me a big stupid smile and the first timing out scratching put an even bigger smile on my face.
Anyways before I bought my baby I was working on another project which meant I had a few goodies that I'd collected over the last few years. Some on which included a mint set of GT alloy wheels and a set of Beringer front brakes to suit a SC 1000.
Front wheel was basically a bolt in affair, I'll be asking my machinist whether modding the hub will be not too much trouble to machine to suit the speedo drive. A job which is just a bit big for my mini mill and self taught skill.
Rear was easy as well after making a few measurements. A top hat spacer for the disc side to replace the std spacer and get us from a 25mm to 17mm axle. Sprocket side uses the std monster sprocket carrier and two top hat spacers. Caliper bracket was off an earlier model monster with about 5mm machined off the swingarm side. Std caliper fits no probs. Tomorrow I'll turn up a pin for the caliper bracket to suit the arm. A full floating setup would need a bit more work.
Enough talk so here's a quick and ugly photo of the work so far. I apologise for my complete lack of photography skills.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
20 years wait, for a monster... Next time call me brother, we'll get together Ron this here forum and pitch in so you don't haves to wait two more decades!!!

Nice job in fixing all the parts yourself... Enjoy the ride

1 - 4 of 4 Posts