Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since winter is now upon us, it's pull-it-apart, do-something-to-it and put-it-all-back-together season Down Under!

So.... I thought maybe I'd show how my 696 is coming along.....

Since these pics I've modified the instrument binnacle mounting brackets so that it now sits lower and tighter into the top triple - eliminates that "perched on top" look.

The ungeheuer mod story so far goes like this:
DP tail tidy. Red reflective rim stripes. DP Touring seat. 14 tooth front sprocket. Rizoma Sportline billet grips. Rizoma bar-end weights. Rizoma Class Retro mirrors. Billet reservoir covers. Stebel Nautilus air horn (heard but not seen). Pazzo levers - long uns. Termis. Ozynobs frame and axle sliders. Black ceramic coated exhaust. Polished aluminium-look ceramic coated exhaust heat shield, headlight bezel and Termi hangers. Rizoma billet camshaft end caps. SpeedyMoto Tall-boy clip-ons. SpeedyMoto top triple clamp. SpeedyMoto billet crankshaft end cap. Carbon fibre/silver Termi decals. Instrument binnacle mounts lowered. Bikini fairing and exhaust-can heat shields relocated to garage shelf.
Still to come:
Rear-sets (Rizoma $$$... :eek: or perhaps SpeedyMoto if they ever get around to it)....those foot-peg hangers have got to go since they're now the only remaining textured grey item on the bike. Rizoma timing-belt covers, rear brake reservoir and oil filler plug.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That looks nastyy. When I get my 696 that's how I want it to look. What site did you get the parts from? I can't find any good sites that have accessories on them, except the standard ones straight from Ducati.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had my silencers i n the high position like you but they totally block the rear turn signals from view.On my 1100s I chose to leave them in the lower position. A matter of choosing function over fashion.One other thing. Your bike looks beautiful.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had my silencers i n the high position like you but they totally block the rear turn signals from view.....One other thing. Your bike looks beautiful.
Thanks for your comments :) Not sure that I agree that the high termi mount position totally obscures the rear turn signals..... my riding mates tell me that they're still visible.... although I have been thinking about going to LEDs just for a little greater luminosity....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
now with Rizoma rear-sets.....

Latest additions to my 696 now include Rizoma rear-sets, timing belt covers, rear brake reservoir and oil filler-cap. Also new are titanium tank cover bolts (thanks to ryanracer) and I've lowered the speedo binnacle (by around 12mm) to pull it in tighter to the top-triple.

The ungeheuer mod story now goes like this:
DP tail tidy. Red reflective rim stripes. DP Touring seat. 14 tooth front sprocket. Rizoma Sportline billet grips. Rizoma bar-end weights. Rizoma Class Retro mirrors. Billet reservoir covers. Stebel Nautilus air horn (heard but not seen). Pazzo levers. Termis. Ozynob frame and axle sliders. Black ceramic coated exhaust. Polished aluminium ceramic coated exhaust heat shield, headlight bezel and Termi hangers. Rizoma billet camshaft end caps. SpeedyMoto Tall-boy clip-ons. SpeedyMoto top triple clamp. SpeedyMoto billet crankshaft end cap. Black-on-silver Termi decals. Rizoma rear-sets. Rizoma timing belt covers. Rizoma rear brake reservoir. Rizoma oil filler-cap. Ryanracer Ti tank bolts. Lowered speedo binnacle. Bikini fairing and exhaust-can heat shields relocated to garage shelf.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
You should be on a rizoma poster :)

Love those clip ons, how's the steering with those? Any slower?

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Wow

One word to describe....WOW. Great job.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts