Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a brand new 2011 796 Monster ABS last August from Ducati of Minneapolis. It was the only one in the entire state and they were such a total pleasure to do business with.

I've slowly over the winter been adding mods to her and last night I finally got a set of slip-on Termi's. "Thanks again Diana!" Wow do these look and sound amazing! I almost have it completed how I want it. I just need a red clutch and brake lever up front and a rear wheel slider. Thought I'd share some photos. I'm pretty proud of her.

Modification List:

• Ducati Monster Carbon Fiber Slip-on Termignoni Exhaust
• Ducati Performance Tank Protector Carbon
• TechSpec Tank Grips (snake skin)
• Ducati Monster 796 (Evotech) Tail Fender Eliminator
• Rizoma Universal Sportline Billet Grips (Black)
• Rizoma Universal Standard Bar Ends (Black)
• Rizoma Prototype Naked Universal Mirrors (Black
• Rizoma Bar Mounted Adapter for Universal Mirrors (Black)
• Ducati 1100/796 Monster Frame Sliders
• Ducati Rizoma Front Axle Sliders
• Ducati Monster 796 Low Seat
• Ducati Timing Inspection Cove

·
Registered
96 Posts
Beautiful bike!! I know the feeling! Bought the exact same bike but white last March, and still love it. I find myself staring at it after I get off, almost to the point that my riding buddies are starting to make fun of me lol. It's hard to put into words how awesome this bike is, from it's balanced handling, good all around power and beautiful looks.

My only real mods I put on are a set of M1100 forks, which are a night and day difference in the handling, and a PC5 with the O2 optimizer which also made a huge difference in the lean surging at low RPMs. Some small cosmetics as well: carbon timing belt covers, Akrapovic slip-ons.

I put nearly 12,000km (about 7,500miles) on it last season, and looking forward to doing the same this year. Did my valve and timing belt adjustment a month ago, and she runs better than new!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the Termi's used for a good price from DucatiDiana on here. I LOVE how these look and sound!

Mszilves it sounds like you've done an awesome job upgrading your bike! Lets see some photos dude! :) And LOL I think we all love staring at our Ducati's! It's funny how often I have people walk up to me and ask, "What is that awesome bike!? I've never seen anything like it before!" I literally just got the Termi's tossed on the bike last night and pushed it out of the garage and 2 people crossed the street to talk to me about the bike before I hopped on it. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is such a gorgeous bike! :cool:

My wife and I are planning to buy a 2012 black Monster 796 this season, and hope to enjoy it as much as it sounds like you're enjoying yours. Congratulations! :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm pretty sure ANY mirror you toss on a ducati, under acceleration you're going to have shaking in the mirrors. ;) Viability is good with these mirrors. The Rizoma gear is $$$$ but it really makes the bike stand out IMO. Quality is top notch too!

Thanks again everyone for the nice remarks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
man i would love to compare the termi's vs my sc projects! we need to get together sometime soon, im in the northern burbs

that aside, nice looking ride, i have bar end mirrors and they dont shake around like the stockers

and i love my monster, i just got slip-ons, and a modified air box cover

im waiting on some more money before i throw in some 1100 cams that i picked up for cheap, as i would need to tune that sucker almost right away, although im 70% sure i can slap them in and it would run ok its just one of those things i need to figure out a little bit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts