Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode down to springfield/nixa on wednesday....never never again will i do that. Sore ass, knees and hips on fire. Bugs striking my helmet like I was shot by a 50cal barrett, yeah one was pretty nasty looking. It was a fast fun ride but damn it hurt. Then on saturday I rode from Nixa to Branson West to ummmmm west BFE Mano, which is the far west end of table rock lake. Extremely nice roads to ride curvy as all getout and no potholes! Then came today, I had to be at work at 1445hours, so I leave at 930 took an hour to get to 44 on hwy 39, nice curvy road fun times but yeah the 3 1/2 hour ride on 44 back to STL sucked. Sore ass once again that still aches and the sea like sickness oh fun times! My average speed to get back was pretty damn fast and way way illegal. Got in with only minutes to spare to sheet shower and shave. I guess the moral of my story is next time I will take nice long breaks. :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
your lil trip. . .

greetings Rob,

Nothing like putting the rubber to the road to make your body ache from being in nearly one position the whole time. Which Ducati do you ride and how big are you? Big guys on Ducatis are usually pretty cramped for space.
I'm 5'9" & 170lbs., so just about the right size for my 900 SS. I have lowered my footpegs a bit to relieve some of the knee aching for my old bones. I have pictures in the MS gallery.
Glad to see someone is riding their Ducati besides me. Next weekend looks good at the moment for me.

chow,
Fred

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im 6'2" and tipping the scales around 230. Riding an '04 SS1000ds. Its pretty comfortable. Never thought about lowering the pegs, I look into that as I try to switch out the rear brake pads.

Also I have a Honda guy here at work that might ride with us that day too.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Bite the bullet and put a Sargent seat on that thing, Rob. I loved mine when I had my SS. When I put it up for sale, I put the stock seat back on and took a few rides. DAMN! The stock seat sucks!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Sorry, no. Sold it on this site last year.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not as bad as it did yesterday morning when i woke up. But then again I just woke up 15 minutes ago. lol

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hollor next time your off.

Maybe we can take a little run some where. Going to start to get hot now. Early take off's might have to start to happen. Did you run Drew off he kind of disapeared.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hollor next time your off.

Maybe we can take a little run some where. Going to start to get hot now. Early take off's might have to start to happen. Did you run Drew off he kind of disapeared. Bixby would have been perfect for that 750 he has. Don't need any big power for those roads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts